the kiss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shadow pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly blinked my eyes open as light poured through the curtains of the window in the old shack I was sleeping in, as I leaned forward I heard a voice from what seemed to be a run down kitchen "hey Shadz! I made breakfast!" I suddenly remembered everything that happened  yesterday as my face grew bright red, knowing that I would have to face him. I took a deep breath, calming down and stood to my feet and started to walked into the rundown dining  hall.

I walked into the dining hall to see sonic with a lot of food and his quills in a rainbow ponytail matching his rainbow eyes causing my face to heat up, "H-Hey Shadz, you ok there?..." I shook my face, shaking away the blush and images of the angel sonic flashbacks, "I-I'm fine faker..." Sonic shook his head and placed the food on the rocky table, "yeah, that's not what you said when you were crying in my arms yesterday..." "tch" I sat down at the table as sonic gave me a stack of mouth watering waffles with a scope of Nutella on top, "where'd you get this food? I thought you abandoned this place?" I asked looking up as sonic set himself his own food, "OH!" sonic perked up "I stored some food her incase I ever... had to go back into hiding!" "hm" we sat in awkward silence while we ate until sonic addressed the elephant in the room, "did you mean what you said yesterday?"

💭CHANGE THE SUBJECT! CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!💭 "How did you do it?" sonic tilted his head confused "do what?" "...Maria told me you were the one who brought her back to life yesterday..." sonics eye windend greatly and his ears shot upwards "I-I..." sonic looked down to the floor as his ears flopped down "I...I don't know... you were talking about how much you missed her and I was thinking about how she was talking to me in my dreams and... she just appeared... wait a sec!" sonic shot his eyes to me "stop avoiding the question!!" I sighed as he caught on 💭 well, time to rip off the band aid I guess... please hold a spot in heaven for me Maria💭 "after Maria died I refused to open up to anyone... I slowly started to believe that I was becoming emotionless or something... so when this whole chaos thing started I didn't realise I was starting to care for you... by the time I realise what was happening... you had already broken the defences to my heart..." for what felt like an eternity there was nothing said between us "heh" sonic smirked for some reason I did not understand until- "you must have quite a lot of self love to fall for your 'faker'" I just sat there for a minute until I couldn't hold it in any longer 

"BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~sonic pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now I don't know if you've ever heard shadow laugh before but it is a very rare and life changing sight. for one thing shadow SNORTS between laughs and has these little moments where all he does is giggle and I never thought I'd say this but IT WAS ADORABLE!!! 💭O. M. F. G💭 "sonic?" shadow wave his hand in front of my face "Sonic, you still there?" "do it again" shadow retracted confused "what?" "laugh" I said "do the laugh again" shadows cheeks heated up again causing me to realise I said that out loud "Ugh! I mean! I- Ugh I! OMG" I groaned covering my face in my hands in embarrassment "heh" shadow snickered "is sonic the hedgehog shy?"  "shut up" we both laughed a bit until my body moved on it's own around the table 💭what am I doing?💭 I asked myself until I got given the answer I was not expecting.