Neteyam - The Chase

"Wait for me!" I screamed as I ran after Neteyam. He laughed and only took the speed up. "You'll have to be faster if you want to catch me!" He screamed back at me as a giant smile made its way on my face.

I was currently running after Neteyam because I said I believed I was the fastest between us two. Did I lie? Yes, but I still wanted to believe I was the fastest. Sadly, with a smug grin, Neteyam told me to catch him if I really thought I was the fastest. Of course I could never refuse a challenge like this one.

"I will catch you! Skxawng!" I shouted. My heart was beating fast, probably because of the fact I'm running, or maybe because Neteyam's laugh is beautiful.

As I jumped over a few obstacles, I could see I was getting closer to the taller man. Seeing that gave me a little push in the back and allowed me to be at only arm reach from him.

"Neteyam, I'll get you!" You said stretching your arm out. Neteyam looked back to me and opened his mouth to say something but things didn't go as plan for him.

The poor boy tripped over a rock, his eyes widened as he let out a small gasp and fell down. But as you can imagine, I am not extremely far away from him, so I was carried away with him. I made direct contact against his skin.

Once we stopped falling, and overall moving, I groaned and slowly pulled myself up, hovering over him.

"Are you okay?" I softly asked looking down at Neteyam. He rolled around under me and looked up at me. He slowly nodded and gave me a smile.

"You caught me." He said slightly out of breath, maintaining the eye contact. I smiled. "I did. I told you I was the fastest." I responded catching my breath. He only smiled. I don't think there was much that needed to be said at this moment.

I couldn't look away from him. He slowly moved a hand to my cheek, gently brushing his thumb over my skin. I could feel my face heating up at the touch. What was happening? My heart picked up a few beat as well and I was sure the entirety of the forest could hear me.

"You're really pretty, you know that?" He said and my eyes widened. Was the son of Toruk Makto flirting with me? Was my best friend flirting with me?

"And you're the prettiest." If he truly was flirting, i needed him to know that to me he was number one. He chuckled looking up at me. "Oh am I? I'm quite honoured to hear that from you." He said with a light in his eyes.

"Why is that?" I asked. This whole situation had my stomach jumping, my heart running and my mind completely blank. All I could see, think about or care was him.

I caught myself slowly leaning down. He probably noticed too because his smile slightly grew. "I'm honoured to hear that from you because I care a lot about you." He said before he set himself up on his elbow. Our face now extremely close, his hand was still on my face. His thumb slowly moved down to brush my lower lip. "I think you're an excellent hunter, a great rider, an amazing singer and simply the kindest and funniest person I know." He spoke again. I must've heard wrong because he just described himself.

"Neteyam.." I whispered as my eyes moved down to his lips. I quickly looked back up. He was so captivating. "Yes, (Y/N)?" He softly said looking into my eyes. I couldn't tell if he was teasing me or not, but something in his eyes seemed to be dancing. A small flame of joy was in his eyes.

"Can I kiss you..?" I softly said as I leaned closer to him. I saw him press his lips together before he slowly nodded, a smile dancing on his lips. "Yes.. yes you can." His voice was only a whisper a few inches away from my lips.

I smiled before I closed the small gap that was in between us and closed my eyes. I heard a small sigh coming from him before I felt him smiling in the kiss. I didn't realise how tense I was before my body started relax against his lips. It was soft and gentle, like we weren't too sure of what we were doing yet. We slowly pulled away and he rested his forehead against mine.

"Oel ngati kameie" he whispered softly and I felt his breath hit my lips. I smiled before I pressed my lips on his again, this time it was more confident, passionate. He chuckled against my lips but quickly kissed back. His hand slowly moved to the back of my head to keep me close.

I was kissing my best friend.

My best friend felt the same I felt about him.

Soon enough we detached our lips and he smiled. "Oel ngati kameie" I finally said back to him. He smiled and pulled me down to his chest. We stayed there for a while, cuddling, making jokes and enjoying each other's warmth and company.

Neteyam sees me for me and he accepts me. I could never ask for anyone better than him.

Neteyam was perfect, and I loved him with all my being.

———

A/N : I thought this was kinda cute, I hope it was okay. I don't know if they're too slow or boring so if anything, please tell me!