Ao'nung - Mornings with You

His breathing was slow and followed a particularly rhythm. His heartbeat felt like a melody against my ear. I was laying down against his chest and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. He had his arms wrapped around me, my head hidden in the crook of his neck.

I gently traced my fingers on his back, simply wanting to feel his skin. Ao'nung was so warm. He felt like home, if I could stay in his arms forever I would. He was my forever, there's nothing I would trade for him. All I do is for him.

He is my light, as corny and ridiculous I can sound. I would do anything to see him smile because his happiness is all that matters.

Ao'nung was precious to me. He made me so happy.

I felt him move, his arms tightening around me as he moved on his side. I softly smiled, gently moving my head away from his neck.

He looked so peaceful, he was so pretty. I slowly moved my hand up to stroke his cheek. Ao'nung slightly leaned into my hand, making my smile grow. I love him so much.

I slowly leaned in and pressed a small kiss on the corner of his mouth. "I love you so much Ao'nung.. you big dummy" I whispered, moving my hand behind his head to play with his hair.

I heard him humming, leaning his head closer to me. My heart was so close to exploding. He rested his head against my neck and took a deep breath breath. "I love you.. too.." I heard a tired voice say back.

I closed my eyes, a smile on my lips as I let myself fall asleep.

When I sleep in his arms, I felt like nothing bad could ever happen. When I'm with him, I know I'm safe, I know he is safe.

-

The next morning, I was woken up with the feeling of soft lips on my face.

"I know you're awake. Open your eyes" Ao'nung said, smiling as he kept leaving small kisses on my face.

My lips curled into a smile as I kept my eyes tightly shut. He knew I liked his kisses, why would I want him to stop.

"Oh, you're still not awake? Hmmm maybe I need to up my strategy?" He teasingly said. What was he going to do? He stopped leaving kisses on my face and for a few seconds, nothing happened or was said.

As I grew confused, I felt him move next to me. Before I knew what was going on, he attacked me and started tickling me. I let out a surprised yelp and opened my eyes as I started to laugh.

"No! Stop- Ao'nung!" I tried to say in between laughs. He laughed with me as I tried to wiggle out of his hold.

"Ao'nung! Please! I'm awake! I'm awake!" I loudly said hoping he would stop. "Ao! I have to pee! Stop before I pee!" I said and he quickly stopped, unable to stop laughing.

As I calmed down my breathing, Ao'nung's laughing came to an end and he looked at me, a smile on his lips.

"Good morning, my love" He softly said as he leaned closer to me and pressed a small kiss on my lips.

I smiled, I loved seeing him so soft and gentle in the morning. Not that he wasn't like this all the time, but in the morning it felt like we were only us two. He wasn't much of a pda type of guy, so the morning felt special to me.

"Good morning Ao, how did you sleep?" I asked as I prompted myself on my elbow to look down at him. He looked up at me and had this light in his eyes. Eywa- help me.

"I slept well, you're like my own mini heating system. Probably the only reason I sleep next to you" He jokingly said with a smirk on his lips, poking my cheek. I rolled my eyes at his joke.

"You just couldn't be cute for a second huh asshole?" I asked and he dramatically gasp, moving a hand up to his chest. "Me? An asshole? I am deeply offended by this, my (Y/N)." He said trying his best not to laugh. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to cut the shit. "Just say it. Say you can't sleep without me." I said with pride.

"I know you can't sleep without all of this" he said motioning to his body. I pushed his shoulder and let out a small laugh. "Skxawng" I sat up and stretched my arms up, starting to think about what I needed to do today.

"I love you, and I love sleeping next to you, having you in my arms. All of that cheesy stuff, I love it." He said and I turned my head to look at him, a small smile on my lips.

"See, sometimes you can be cute." I said leaning in for a final kiss before I would have to start my day. "And I love you too, you big dummy."

I love starting my day in his arms, and falling asleep next to Ao'nung. He was my everything, I would give him anything just to wake up to see his beautiful smile.

A/N : I thought this was cute. It's short, but it has been in my mind for a bit now. I will be working on 'To me you were somebody II' since some of you guys wanted a part two :)
Thank you for reading and taking the time!