Aonung - To me you were a somebody

Pt.1? (Maybe?)

Lately, Aonung has been surrounded by Na'vis from our clan constantly. They were all at his feet ever since he completed his iknimaya and received his first tattoo. This meant he would be ready to be Olo'eyktan soon, and it also meant he would have to find a mate as well.

I believe that was why he was getting so much attention lately. Of course Aonung has always been interesting and fun to be around, but people usually did not stick around long enough to find that out. His cocky attitude would sometimes push people away. He didn't do it on purpose.

I would consider Aonung my best friend, someone I care deeply for. I've always admired how brave he was, and how caring, funny, and handsome he was. I don't think he's ever noticed what I felt for him. Which in a way was fine. He didn't need to find out. I would love him from afar.

As much as I am happy for my best friend, ever since he's completed his rite of passage, he does not have any time to hang out with me. He keeps on dodging me. Whenever I go up to him, he gives me a shitty excuse then walks away to his admiring fans. He's always so busy entertaining young Na'vis asking for his attention.

Yes, I am jealous. I'm jealous because it's working. They are getting his attention while I'm not. He's every Na'vi's dream mate if you were to ask me. He's an excellent hunter, he cares deeply about the ones he loves and he's very charismatic.

Charming ass always thinks he's the shit. Well I mean he is. But he doesn't have to acknowledge it you know? 

And here he was again today, strutting around with a crowd behind him. He was telling a story about who knows what while I sat on my ilu, simply watching him walk away. He didn't even look at me. He doesn't look at me anymore.

When night came around, I decided I would go talk to him because this was not fair. He was ignoring me. I know where he goes when the sun is setting before getting back to his marui pod.

As I walked along the beach, I decided to practice what I would tell him. I didn't know if he was going to try to walk away when it's just us two. Before I could come up with a speech, I saw him, sitting by himself, letting the gentle waves hit his feet. I approach him quietly and sat down next to him. I kept my eyes on the horizon, not wanting to force a conversation immediately.

It was quiet for a moment, he didn't seem to mind my presence. The silence was peaceful, comfortable. It was nice, it was almost like before. But of course, every silence has to be broken, sometimes by the most heart shattering words.

"I kissed Umarí today."

His voice was so soft, it almost sounded like a whisper. I wasn't even sure if I heard correctly, with the sound of my broken heart and the water around us. "She said I was special now." He continued and I could hear the smile in his voice. I couldn't bring myself to look at him, so I kept my eyes where the sky meets the sea.

Umarí was not one of my friend, I didn't mind her, but I didn't like her either. She's always been extremely crude and loud. It was sad sometimes to see her act around her friends because she would often turn away from promises she made. She acted in a way to get what she wanted even if she ended up hurting others.

"You..." I took a deep breath before I kept going. "You started hanging out with her?" I asked hoping my voice was not as shaky as I thought.

"Yeah I did, a few weeks ago she said she thought my tattoo made me look more mature. She said it made her change her mind about me." He said with a small laugh following. I rolled my eyes slightly pissed that he was this much of an idiot. Sometimes he could be so smart and then he pulls this shit.

"She said your tattoo made her change her mind about you?" I asked still unable to believe she successfully seduced him or whatever was happening here.

"Yeah, she said before I looked like a wanna be. You know?" No i don't know. "But now I'm the man." He proudly said and oh my god it would be great to hit him sometimes. I let out a loud sigh and couldn't help the annoyed look to take place on my face.

"Hey woah- somebody's in a bad mood. Come on (Y/N), let me see that smile." He teasingly said as he approached his hand to my face to try to pull my cheeks to make me smile.

I quickly slapped his hands away. "Knock it off!" I loudly said as I stood up. He quickly got up, a confused look on his face. "What has gotten into you?" He asked.

"Me-? Oh I swear sometimes I want to take your big dumb dummy head and just- argh!" I said as I curled my hand in a fist to lightly punch the palm of my other hand.

"Hey, hey, what is the problem?" He asked taking a step closer to me.

"Problem? There's no problem. I don't have any problem." I quickly said turning to look at him. I gave him a fake smile before I continued. "It's probably just Umarí who has a problem."

"What do you have against Umarí?" He asked and he genuinely seemed confused. It hurts even more to know he doesn't seem to notice.

"Not my lips. That's for sure."

"Okay, what's going on?" He asked as his frustration started to come in. Didn't he understand? "Look why would you even care about Umarí anyway?" He asked me.

"I don't!"

"Oh, you don't?"

"No!"

"No what?"

"I don't know!" I loudly screamed. Why was I so mad? If he likes her so be it, but I still needed to know. "Just tell me Aonung, cause I'm curious. Why do you think she's interested huh? Do you think for one minute that she would even be with you if you weren't the soon to be Olo'eyktan? Are you that blind?" I asked staring into his eyes, hoping to see something that would tell me he didn't want to be with her. I knew my words were harsh, but they were true.

"At least she treats me like I'm somebody!" He loudly said moving his hand to his chest.

"Yeah but would she love you if you were nobody?"

"Nobody loved me when I was nobody!"

"I did!" I shouted. I turned around and closed my eyes tightly taking a deep breath. "Before you completed your rituals, and before you started having 'admirers'. To me you were a somebody, Aonung, now you're nothing but a fake, you ignore me, you're a joke." I continued, slowly turning around to look at him.

He kept silence, maybe he didn't know what to say or maybe he was simply mad at me. Either way, I couldn't look at him anymore. I couldn't recognize my best friend anymore. So I left.

He didn't even try to keep me from walking away, he just watched me as I left. That night I didn't really sleep. How could I? I had probably just ruined my friendship with Aonung. He would never want to see me after all this, but I needed to get all of this out. It wasn't fair that I was getting pushed away for some girl who suddenly started to like him. It was not fair.

If being with Umarí was making him happy, i should not interfere. She might make a great Tsahik.

———
A/N : hii I love shark tale so have this amazing scene but with Aonung. I was thinking of making a part 2, where everything ends well yk? So if that's something that interest you, let me know.