Lo'ak - Absolutely Bonkers

---

You and Lo'ak have known each other ever since you were kids. You two had always been in the same class, but never really talked much. You were not close, but you knew him well. He was close to your best friend, Spider.

You knew that Lo'ak was the quiet type until you actually got to know him. You knew that he started playing basketball when he was 8 and that he is one of the best – if not the best – in the team. Although, that was only what you would hear from others because you never saw him play.

You knew that whenever he would receive a compliment, his first instinct is to look down to hide his shyness. You knew that Lo'ak loved his siblings so much, he would do anything for them. Family was important to him, and it was something you admired of him.

You knew that he preferred when his mother did his hair because it meant he would be able to spend quality time with her without feeling like he needs to put up a front. You knew that he was really smart, and that math was his best subject, but he would never brag about it fearing he would look like a nerd or a goody two shoes. There was nothing wrong with that, but he preferred to stay humble about it. You knew that when he wanted something, Lo'ak would do everything he could to try to make it happen. He was hard working and knew what he wanted.

You knew so much about him, and yet you weren't even sure if he would consider you two friends. You would hang out every once in a while, but never alone. Spider was always with, accompanied by Kiri and Neteyam. Since you were only one of Spider's close friends, you weren't sure if he enjoyed your company or if he was just tolerating your presence. You noticed he laughed at your stupid jokes, which was a good sign. He had a pretty laugh... and pretty eyes. Lo'ak was a really pretty guy in your opinion.

---

Monday rolled in way too fast, and you found yourself walking to school like every week day, and just like every day, Spider tagged along with you. "Hey there, how are you this morning?" He asked way too happy on a Monday morning, to be honest.

"I'm alright, I wish it was Friday though... or Saturday maybe. How are you?" You returned the question to him. He smiled thinking the same. Your Monday schedule was not the best. "I'm doing well. Want to know what I did last night?" He asked excitedly as he held on his backpack's straps.

You smiled, curious, before nodding your head in his direction as a way of asking what he did. "You know how I told you I wanted to ask out Kiri?" You rapidly stopped in your track looking at him with wide eyes. "No!" You exclaimed as your level of excitement met his.

"Yes!" He said enthusiastically.

"Oh my god! You asked her out?" You asked, not believing your best friend finally got the courage to act upon his feelings. "Not only did I ask her out, but she said yes!" He happily announced. You lifted your hands up so that he could high five you. You were so proud Spider; he has been crushing on Kiri for so long. "Congratulation! I'm so proud of you."

You two soon walked into the school and to your lockers. You had gotten lucky this year; your locker was close to Spider's, meaning that you did not have to part ways too soon. "So, where are you taking her on your first date?" You asked your best friend as you took your textbook for your first class.

"I'm not sure yet... I want it to be perfect, you know." He said shutting his locker. Before you could respond, the first bell rang. "I got to go, I'm in p.e." He said giving you a smile before walking away. You waved him goodbye and made your way to your first class.

You arrived in your English class and sat in your usual spot at the back. People started to come in, one by one or in groups. You did not pay much attention to them, the only one that really caught your eyes was Lo'ak. You were captivated by his warm smile and kind eyes whenever you saw him.