Neteyam - Waiting for you

I had seen my father leave in a hurry when Jake Suli had told the chief his kids were in danger because of sky people. He left so fast, I didn't even get to hold him. I couldn't go with them because I'm not done with my Iknimaya. So I waited, anxiously for everyone to come back. I couldn't find anyone. I knew all my friends were there because it was for them that all the warriors left. I was alone with the elders and the children.

My people started to come back, injured and exhausted. I quickly ran to help the injured ones out of the water.

As soon as I saw my father coming back next to the Olo'ektan, I ran up to him. Even if he was one of the best warrior in our clan, I still got worried every time he left. As soon as he let go of me and told me he needed to go help with the injured, I kept on looking around. For my boy.

For Ma Neteyam.

He was nowhere in sight. No one of his family member were, so I waited. I waited for their return praying to our great mother that they were all safe. I was scared.

I felt like I was waiting for ever when screams were beginning to be heard. People were running to the shore.

That's when I saw Tsireya with Lo'ak. I couldn't be happier to see them. I ran to them taking Tsireya in my arms. She was sobbing.

"I'm sorry.." she weakly said as she held me tightly.

I frowned confused by the apology. I slowly pulled apart from her and looked at her. She shook her head trying to keep her tears from rolling down her face. "I'm so sorry..." she repeated.

What happened? What was going on?

I slowly tore my eyes away from her. My eyes fell on something that made my heart sink. Everything stopped around me.

No.

No.

No. No. No. No.

Great Mother you can't do this.

I slowly approached Jake Suli, my legs weak. My lower lip quivering as I tried to keep the tears from falling. I did not want to believe what I was seeing. Jake Suli stopped in front of me, his eyes were red and his face was bruised up.

I looked down and in his arms was laying Neteyam's lifeless body. I choked out a sob as the tears finally ran down my face.

"No no no... Neteyam. Please.." I quietly said my hand hovering over his body, afraid that if I touched him he would disappear.

I gently placed a hand on his face, he was cold. Ma Neteyam was cold.

Neteyam who was always the one giving me hugs to warm me up when it started to get cold at night.

Neteyam who would make my face go warm only by giving me a smile.

I rapidly took my hand off his face and covered my mouth turning around. I couldn't see anything. Everything seemed to be falling around me, this couldn't be real. I tried to muffle my cries, but I simply couldn't do it. Why would this happen?

I can't do this.

I felt a pair of arms around me. I didn't care who it was, I just needed someone to hold. I cried in their shoulder for a while, not wanting to believe he was gone.

"You're gonna be okay.... We're gonna be okay..." it was kiri. My grip around her tightened.

"Neteyam, he.. he would want us to keep going. He died a hero, you know? He died a warrior." She continued. She was trying to convince herself as well.

"He can't leave.." my voice broke as I tried to talk.

"He loved you.. he loved you so much, okay? And he knew you loved him." She whispered to me. That only made me cry harder on her shoulder.

I never had the chance to tell him I loved him.

Now he's gone.

Ma Neteyam is gone and I won't ever get to see him smile. I won't be able to listen to his angelic laugh. Who will i go to when I can't sleep? Who will love me like he did? I wont ever be able to hold him and listen to his beating heart. I won't get to feel his warm hands cupping my face anymore.

What am I suppose to do without him? Without Ma Neteyam?

I need him.

I'm cold.
My heart is cold.

A/N :
:)
lolz
It's short but it's okay. We'll be okay.