Rotxo - Painfully Oblivious

I wanted to tell him, i did. I wanted to tell Rotxo that i was absolutely head over heels for him. I even tried to make him understand, i would go out of my way to hang out with him, i would compliment him as much as could, but whatever i did, the boy was oblivious. Incredibly oblivious.

Two days ago, I saw Rotxo sitting by himself with something in his hands, he looked lost in thoughts. I slowly made my way towards him, a happy smile on lips. I sat down next to him, close enough to feel his arm brush against mine. "Hey" I softly said as the boy turned his head to look at me.

Rotxo smiled at me gently nodding his head to greet me.

"What are you doing?" I asked pointing to the object in his hands. He looked down before he reached out to grab my hand.

I felt myself tense up at the sudden feeling of his skin. It was not rare for Rotxo to grab my hands, but it would still make me feel extremely giddy inside.

He placed the object inside my hand and looked back up at me. " I was working on this bracelet. I found this shell and i thought it looked pretty. What do you think?" He asked flashing me a smile. He's so cute- Eywa, please help me.

I looked down at the bracelet he left in my hand and couldn't help my growing smile. The bracelet is beautiful. Rotxo has always been good at weaving, he also has a good eye when it comes to finding pretty shells.

"Oh Rotxo,.. you're so talented, you know that?" I said as i looked back at him. "Who is this for?" I continued. A small thought in the back of my head hoping he would say for me.

"Oh i don't know yet, I'm not satisfy with it yet and if i do want to give it to someone, i want it to be perfect." He said scratching the back. I didn't understand. How could he not be satisfy with it? It was beautiful.

"If you do finish it.." i started hoping he would understand where i was going with it. "do you have any idea who you'll give it to?" I asked slightly tilting my head as i looked into his eyes. Gifting jewellery or clothing to someone means you care deeply about them. It is often a way to confess to a loved one.

"no, not really. I mean, I don't think anyone would really want to receive a bracelet from me."

He is so blind. He is so painfully oblivious, it's frustrating.

"i don't think that's true, i would love to receive a bracelet from you." I quickly said, gently taking his hand again. I practically confessed, right? He let out a small chuckle and gave my hand a light squeeze. "You would?" He asked and i quickly nodded. "You're really kind to me, I'm glad to be your friend." He continued and i simply smiled.

He is absolutely and incredibly oblivious.

Today, I'm going to tell him. I'll tell him and he will understand. If he doesn't, then I guess I'll have to give up, cause what- how did he not understand yet?

I walked around the village, trying to find Rotxo, but I couldn't find him. I looked for him all morning, and I did not see him at all. Was this a sign from Eywa that maybe I should not tell him? This was not fair at all.

Frustrated, I decided to go sit at the shoreline. I took a deep breath as I rubbed my face. "Where is he?" I whispered to myself trying to think of a place Rotxo could've escaped to. Why do I never have any luck with him?

Maybe I should give up? Because is it really worth it? I don't even know if he likes me or not. I mean he's really sweet with me, but he could be sweet like this with everyone for all I know. I sighed and fell on my back, moving my arm over my eyes.