Lo'ak - A Much Needed Hug

Lo'ak looked down as his father, the Olo'eyktan, lecturing him for not listening to his orders. He just wanted to help, he only wanted to prove himself, to show that he was good enough for his father. "Now go take that crap off your face." Jake Sully loudly said, with an angered filled voice. Lo'ak softly nodded, unable to look his father in the eyes.

The boy turned around keeping his head low. Every time he tried to do something to help and feel useful, he would get smack by the reality that his father did not see him. He did not understand him, he never felt listened to. He knew his father was doing the best he could to protect them, but he could not help but feel like an outcast. An imposter.

Maybe one day, his father would see him, maybe one day he would not get compared to his older brother, the golden boy.

The teenage boy started to look around the campsite for a certain someone. (Y/N) has always been around him when Lo'ak was young. They grew up together and they were probably the only one Lo'ak felt most comfortable with.

Once he laid eyes on them, he quickly made his way towards them. (Y/N)'s back was facing him so Lo'ak took the opportunity. He gently wrapped his arms around the other Na'vi's back and rested his head on their shoulder, hiding his face in (Y/N)'s neck. (Y/N) turned their head and and leaned their head on top of Lo'ak's head. "Hey there, are you okay?" (Y/N) gently asked placing their hands on top of Lo'ak's hands.

"No.." He quietly responded, trying to get as much warmth from (Y/N) as possible.

"Are you hurt? What happened?" (Y/N) quickly asked unable to turn around in Lo'ak's embrace. He shook his head, hoping (Y/N) would stay in his arms. "No?.. do you want to talk about it?" (Y/N) asked again leaning into Lo'ak's chest. (Y/N) could hear Lo'ak's shaky breath and understood that maybe it was not the time to talk about it yet. Lo'ak stayed silent, he did not need to talk for (Y/N) to know what to do.

Even if (Y/N) was comfortable in the boy's arms, they wanted to look at him, to make sure he truly was not hurt. He would tend to not tell them when he was hurt because he did not want to worry (Y/N) too much. (Y/N) would always worry about Lo'ak because they deeply cared about the boy. They slowly turned around in Lo'ak's arms and moved their hands up to the boy's face. His eyes were glossy and he still had paint on his face. Lo'ak looked at (Y/N) with a pained expression. "Oh Lo'ak..." (Y/N)  softly said as they leaned to press a small kiss on the boy's forehead.

"I tried so hard (Y/N).. but it's like I'm never doing the right thing... I can't do anything right and everyone knows that. They all see me as one big disappointment." He said as tears threatened to fall down his cheeks. (Y/N) shook their head, not liking how Lo'ak talked about himself. "No, Lo'ak, don't say that. You're not a disappointment. Lo'ak you're amazing, you are strong and brave. You're young is all, we make mistakes, it's normal, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself." (Y/N) said trying to make Lo'ak see what they saw in him.

Lo'ak did not know how to respond, what (Y/N) was telling him felt like the exact opposite from the lecture he had just gotten from his father just a little bit ago. "How about we go do something you like? We could go fly, maybe?" (Y/N) asked gently brushing their fingers against Lo'ak's cheeks. Lo'ak sighed as a small smile was formed on his lips. "I can't... My dad said no flying for a month.." (Y/N) let out a small laugh, why didn't they see that coming?

"Then why don't we go to the place you showed me with the little water source? I remember you saying you like going there to relax." (Y/N) said offering Lo'ak a kind smile. He slowly nodded his head. (Y/N) dropped their hands down Lo'ak's arms as they leaned closer to press a small kiss on Lo'ak's cheek.

Lo'ak was so glad to have (Y/N) in his life. They had this effect on him, they made all his worries disappear. He cannot thank Eywa enough for gifting him the amazing person that (Y/N) is. He would do anything for them, and he is so happy that (Y/N) feels the same way about hi. It almost felt unreal.

"(Y/N)?"

(Y/N) looked at him in the eyes with a small smile. "Hm?"

"Thank you (Y/N)... for being there and being you. You make me feel loved and listened." Lo'ak said with such a cute smile, (Y/N) felt their cheeks warm up at the sight. "Lo'ak.. you don't have to thank me for that...  you're so adorable." Lo'ak let out a laugh and look away to hide his embarrassment. "Shut up.. I'm not adorable. You are." He said with a smile as he grabbed their hand in his and started to lead them away. (Y/N) lightly squeezed his hands as they followed the boy. "You're the cutest, Lo'ak."

"Stop that!" he said avoiding (Y/N)'s face as he guided them through the forest. (Y/N) laughed at the reaction Lo'ak gave them.

(Y/N) followed Lo'ak in silence, enjoying his company and the forest,.. mainly enjoying his company. The silence was comfortable though, it was relaxing.

Lo'ak broke the silence with a calm voice. "I love you, (Y/N). You know that?"

"I love you too Lo'ak. Don't ever forget that. I'll always be there for you, okay?"

"Bro- come here. Give me a hug bro." Lo'ak said with a smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around (Y/N) hugging them tightly. (Y/N) felt Lo'ak kiss their cheek, making them smile. "You're adorable bro." (Y/N) said mimicking the other Na'vi. Lo'ak laughed and looked back at (Y/N). "You know you love it, dude." He said, a playful smile on face.

"You already know it, bro. i love it so much."

_______

A/N : I'm in need of a hug so i hope you enjoyed this. i feel like Lo'ak also needed a hug. I wanna do angst. I'm gonna do angst.