Chapter 17

▬▬▬A NEW KIND OF LOVE▬▬▬

Atsushi and Yosano already left the mall while you were still there. You wanted to stay and eat a little bit since you're most of the time hungry. You were eating (your favorite food) and mochi right after. When you saw the girl in the red kimono you felt like something was off about her.. like she wasn't a normal teenage girl that you usually walk past to. Of course you found her cute like literally everyone and everything else, but there wasn't something right with her and it wouldn't leave your mind..

You also wondered where Dazai was.. Nobody seems to really care what he does and where he is, but you do care since he is really close to you and you care for him. It doesn't matter if he's just a silly man who doesn't take things seriously for most of the time. You were worried that he could be in real danger and you'd sometimes get upset when nobody cares, but oh well there's nothing you could do about it. You got up and made you way back to the agency.

Yosano and Atsushi already arrived and the girl that was in the mall was also there.

"HUH WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE?!" You yelled which made Kunikida mad.

"WOULD YOU STOP YELLING." he commanded and Atsushi let a sweat out. The girl said that she wanted to eat tofu before telling any Information. Atsushi didn't seem to have a problem with it and decided to get her as much tofu as she wants... Kunikida and you knew that he will regret it after.

TIME SKIP

You and the agency found out that Atsushi has been abducted, but nobody knows where he is right now. Ranpo told us that it's not our job to get him back safely, but you were very worried about Atsushi.

"He was abducted because he's a, weretiger and they want the reward, right? So it's personal. We're not his foster home. He didn't join us so we'd protect him, either." Ranpo stated, eating his ice cream.

"But Atsushi-kun is one of ours." Tanizaki told him and you agreed with him.

"No. Ranpo-san is right. We shouldn't be the ones to take action." Kunikida talked back and you couldn't keep watching this anymore. Atsushi was very close to you and you didn't want anything bad happening to him.

"Kunikida, Ranpo-san.. How could you say such a thing? Atsushi is a member of the armed detective agency now and we are a team. Shouldn't we think of something to help him?" You were insecure about your speech, but it was for Atsushi.

Then Naomi called the president since the agency couldn't make a decision to save or leave Atsushi by himself. He decided that you all should help Atsushi since he's one of you all. He gave everyone the order to find Atsushi and Kunikida was supposed to bring him back in 3 hours. Of course you wouldn't let Kunikida go alone. It's not like you didn't trust him, you just wanted to help and make yourself useful.

You all started looking for information to find the weretiger and it seemed to be going pretty good.. though you wondered why everyone would be looking for Atsushi and not Dazai? Isn't he a member of the armed detective agency aswell.

ANOTHER TIME SKIP

Ranpo told us where Atsushi was and you and Kunikida were on your way to save him. You prayed that everything would go well and that Atsushi won't be too hurt.

You and Kunikida got on a boat and were on the sea till you found a big ship where Atsushi was on. Kunikida was calling for him, but all of sudden some parts of the ship exploded. Luckily you and Kunikida saw Atsushi now he just had to jump down to you.

"What about her?" Atsushi asked.

'Oh yeah the girl in the red kimono is still on the ship..' You thought.

"Let the girl go. Not all innocents always get saved. I've failed many times too. That's the kind of city we're in and the job we have!" Kunikida yelled.

"She can't be saved?" Atsushi asked, still standing on the ship.

"That's right. We're not heroes. I've wished so many times that we were. But we're not!" Kunikida looked at his feet. He felt guilty and thought about the people that he couldn't save, but then there was another explosion and Kunikida called for the boy.

" She... She said the crepe she had with me tasted great. She was told worthless human beings have no right to breathe, and she thought maybe that is true. I don't think so. Because Dazai-san... the Agency.. didn't give up on me! Im going!" Atsushi cried a little and went back to save the girl. You think he made the right decision, but you just hoped that he'd be okay.

"Hey!" Kunikida yelled.

"Let him go. He made his decision and knows what is right and wrong. We didn't give up on him and he doesn't want to give up on the girl. It's his time to be a savior." You explained and calmed Kunikida. He thought about his words and agreed with you.

"Run! Run, Atsushi!" Kunikida yelled. You were still worried, but believed that he can do it.

❣❣