Prologue

"Do you take vow to lead our pack to thick and thin?" My father, Alpha Vandal said as his dark battle uniform shimmered through the flames of the altar.

"Yes, I take vow" I said as I watched his proud face.

We were at the top of The Altar of Dignity, the most sacred place of our pack, Mountain Ash.

"Do you take vow to protect with your life, the lives you see behind you? To care them, to give them hope, to find in them trust, as they do to you? Do you vow?" He says raising The Dignity Knife.

It's the knife the Alpha use in The Tittle Ceremony. Is when the Alphas, Betas and Gammas pass the tittle to the next generation. The Beta and Gamma use regular knives, it's only the Alfa who uses the Knife of Dignity.

"I vow to protect them with every sweat and lasting breath of my life. To care even the minimums things, to give hope to does that do not have, to give my trust freely, for those who want it, as I want those from you" I say raising from the stone step that leads to the Alpha's standing podium.

My black dress, swiping the stone floor with its tail. My hazel eyes radiating to each and everyone of them, they found in them leadership as also guidance.

"Do you vow to be Alpha of the Mountain Ash Pack, to the bitter end?" Dad says, bit this time his wolf was the one to talk, a deep and strong growl. His wolf strong and fierce. His hazel eyes becoming black orbs.

I let my wolf out too, radiating through my eyes. It is time.

"I vow to be Alpha of Mountain Ash Pack, forever" I growl strongly, as my wolf.

He then raised his hand for me to take. Grabbing his hand, I walk the stone step and into the Alpha's Standing Podium, enough space for us.

Later then my mom and Luna of our pack, Elizabeth walked along side my father. Her black dress almost as the same as mine, mine a bit more reviling more skin in the arms and cleavage.

"My Alphas" she said bowing respectfully to us. She was Luna, but she was incredibly strong, not as my dad, but close.

My dad takes the knife, after he kiss her quickly.

"We are so proud of you Leslie" my mom says whispering, my eyes watering from the emotion.

"As I cut our palms with the knife quote with me" he said knowingly the quote we need to make. We practiced this to perfection

"As today my life and mind is with you all. My days will be tough, and so would my pain. The thoughts of you will haunt, until I stay to my bitter end. But I promise this, that when even in my latest breath, your Alfa would always prevail, until its last words would be replaced again" we said in unison as he cut our palms, uniting our hands together, our united blood drip into the Standing Podium. Suddenly the flames in the altar roared in fierceness. This means the Moon Goddess was pleased and happy.

"Today you see you new Alpha, Alpha Leslie McLain, Alpha of The Mountain Ash Pack" my dad screamed. I moved beside my dad, still our hands united we lift them in the sky.

Everyone started to uproar and scream. Someone's even yelled 'Alfa'.

"Let her walk with her leaders to the center platform. So that the Moon Goddess looks at them" this time my mom said as we walked down the podium. My dad let go of me and my mom walked to him clinging one arm to his.

As I walked down gracefully, everyone started shouting again. Then my new Beta and one of my best friends, Jack stood in the second altar, waiting for me. His parents, passed Betas, were there greeting me, by bowing their heads.

"My Alpha" he said bowing with his black battle uniform. His black hair matching the uniform, his clear brown eyes watching my hazel ones.

"My Beta" I said also bowing. He then walked beside me to my left.

As we kept walking down we saw Dustin, my Gamma in the third altar. He vowed as soon as he saw us with his blue eyes, his blonde hair all over the place.

"My Alpha, my Beta" he said with a grin. His father behind him, the past Gamma, vowing too.

"Our Gamma" we said is unison. he walking to my right.

As we neared the fourth an final altar, my best friend in the world and Dustin's twin sister, Gianna was there, she was our new pack doctor.

"My Alpha, my Beta, my Gamma" she said vowing, her mother, the past Pack Doctor, vowing her head.

"Our Pack Doctor" we said recognizingly and she walked to Jack's right.

As we entered the central platform, every member of our pack started to scream and roar. Suddenly the light of the moon, magically centered on us. Suddenly our tittle marks shined. My mark was on my right shoulder near my neck bone.

Jack's mark was on his left arm, Dustin's was on his right shoulder blade and Gianna's was on her left hand.

Suddenly the flame pits of the platform, erupted with fire. This meant that the moon goddess was accepting us as leaders.

Everyone shifted into their wolves, in a strong pose.

"We are your leaders, let us howl to the moon, together" we said in unison as we discarded our clothes, from keeping our ceremonial clothes from reaping. The other pack members brought clothes that they would break from shifting.

Shifting in our wolves we stood in a strong pose, as our member packs. My wolf was white entirely, only black in my chest and neck area.

Looking behind I saw the past leaders in their wolves. As I stood in front, I let my lasting howl to the moon, everyone following my lead.

This was it. I'm their Alfa.