Chapter Fifteen

(Will, Dayton's Gamma)

Leslie's Point Of View

It was a cold night. I could feel the winter, even though we were in the summer time, but it's quiet and deadly whispers; I could feel.

The pack was reunited, near the Temple of Dignity. Everyone of us, clothed into our black ceremony clothing.

I had my black sleeveless dress, that made me feel sexy every time I used it. Only now I felt disgusted with myself.

Every mourning family member was here. We lost six warriors, two females in the group, and four trackers. Every one of their families here, filled with sorrow.

Every one of them were at the central platform of the temple. Resting into stone altars, with their ceremony black clothing.

I just looked at the top of the temple, my dad waiting. Instead of being alive with opened arms, sleeping into the ocean of never awake.

I closed my eyes, I didn't want to feel more weak than I already was.

Soon after though, my mother touched my right shoulder. Looking at her I could see her hazel eyes. They lost the shine they had, week after the attack.

I could hear her wolf howling inside her, mourning the loss of her mate. She was broken, my brother was too.

He was beside my mom, his tears running down his cheeks, not caring if he was seen or not. In that moment, I envied his willpower and freedom to do that without nobody seeing him as weak or pathetic.

"It's time" my mother told me as she handed me the torch in her left hand. This was it.

I grabbed the torch with great strength as if I was cared if I dropped it, it would end my life. In a symbolic part, it would.

Beside me, at my right, was my mother as we climbed up the stone colored white marble stairs to the top of the temple.

Milan stayed with Marius, his torso bandaged still, while Mimmi was at his side. Marcus and Melanie were side to side, Milan holding Melanie's hand in confidence.

She was doing worse by the days. Her nightmares were strong enough that she began cutting herself. Being of werewolf blood, she healed, but left white slim marks.

Gianna and her mother's Affinity Healing didn't help, so they had to medicate her for sleep. The same as the other victims that were captured. At the moment Melanie's nightmares were the strongest.

Milan was there every time he wasn't with me or my mother. He was talking to her, making her feel the same as usual, but she was scared, she was fragile now. Her dark bags under her eyes proved that she didn't slept well.

I still looked further than that. The entire pack that day was shaken and desperation was getting to them. All of them were here. I could see Tommy and Brice, along with their parents in the front row. Beside Tommy, was Tadeo, holding his good hand, since he still had the bandage covering his left arm.

From what he told me, battling a rogue, the wolf stepped into his arm, crushing it. Brice and Tadeo were there instantly.

Tadeo blamed himself for not being there, but Brice told him it wasn't his blame to bare. He said it was his for not being there for his younger brother.

Beside Tadeo were Rick, Nick, Daniel and other wolves from Dayton's pack. Since what happened, I mean, the arguing with him and myself, Dayton went to his pack the day after, getting ten more wolves to help us with our perimeter and standing guard.