Chapter Sixteen

Leslie's Point of View.

It has been a mess.

This past days has been a total wreck on the pack and it's people.

Let alone their struggling after this clash, I couldn't even consider them my people. I couldn't be their Alpha.

I was in my bed, demanding my body to get out but my mind was stubborn. I mean, who could blame it?

My father passed with the running lands thursday. It's now Sunday, so I can demand myself to be mourning him. Jack and his father were on the Pack House with my mom. She looked devastated amd continue to fall worse. She was strong. They say when your mate dies, you want to die too. Let alone leave everything behind and to not think about anything as you die.

Jack was recovering well, Gianna's affinity was helping and he has been eating. So he was quickly entering back into his Beta position. Dustin was helping him as always, he had his back when I could not.

Tommy and Brice were ok too. Tommy's hand was ok and they were working with Marius and Mimmi along with Sebastian to establish new routes for the pack to cover and for the warriors to protect. Melanie was still as hurt, her nightmares didn't stop. Sooner the sleeping pills will no longer work, from what Gianna told me. Her affinity didn't even made a scratch.

I was lowly walking to my bedroom. My body still had couple scars and my limbs were healing, but the damage of the moment still was imprinted on my mind. The scene was on and on, like a cycle, only ending when flames covered my body. I had bags under my eyes and my face didn't had its usual glow.

I was a mess.

I didn't want to join the others at the Pack House. It was selfish, but I just couldn't help myself. Almost everyone in Mountain Ash knows Dayton is my mate and the thought of being weak and not being able to protect them was enough for me to just hide.

Dayton was still in the pack, helping mom and Jack and Jack's father in everything that he could. At first it was awkward and filled with tension but from what Milan has told me, it's going more fluidly.

Tadeo and Will were on Shadow Woods taking care of things there. Will didn't want to leave Dayton but Dayton promised him he would be ok. For Tadeo he is coming back tomorrow. Being away from Tommy is a curse for him.

Their relationship is not that good though, Tommy has builded walls around himself. Sure Tadeo was with him, but Tommy kept distant.

Dayton was sleeping in one of the guest houses near my house. So I couldn't leave his sight.

The house felt cold. Sure mom had her house with dad, not too far from here. It was almost finished, just laying the painting and other things but it was cozy. Still from what happened, she returned with some things of her and stayed in the bedroom they had together.

Thinking of dad still made my heart break. I couldn't even say I'm sorry for my attitude. Not even the last I love you.

I didn't deserve it. Like I didn't deserve to be the Alpha.

I shook my thoughts away for now and decided to shower. As I stopped my clothes off I jumped inside the bathtub and instantly turning the cold water. Shivering but welcoming the delight that it was. Cold and calm.

I stayed there for ten minutes until I scrubbed myself cleaned and walked outside after closing the water off.

Drying quickly Idecided to put on some blue shorts, a white hoodie and my sandals. Not bothering with make up and just tying my hair in a bun.

Walking outside my room I could hear distant conversation on the kitchen. I could smell mom's scent, Mimmi's, Marius and Jack's.

Once I am in they all turn to me. Their expressions mixed with relief and sadness. I was too tired to even acknowledge them as I walked to the fridge.