Tumbang

2005(Kahar form 4):

Mama walked through the gym's door with her men. I could already feel the rage multiply.

"Sapa round dulu?" Rahmat tanya. "Kahar."

Rahmat angguk. "Kalau Kahar tumbang?" He asked while looking at Kahar. "Kalau Kahar tumbang, aku kena menang dua kali against mama. Baru aku menang. Standard lah."

Rahmat angguk tanda faham. Budak yang mama bawak tu, bukan mamat pagi semalam. Nampak muda.

"Kahar?" I called him. Kahar turned around and looked at me. He tried to look cool but his eyes screams panic. "Ini bukan KUDRAT. Semua boleh pukul." Kahar angguk. "Relax. You'll be fine." I reassured him. He nodded.

Budak yang mama bawak tu masuk gelanggang. Sorakkan dari semua orang makin kuat. Budak ni famous ke?

"Boleh, sayang. Jangan risau." I reassured him. Kahar nodded again and walked into the gelanggang.
Kahar took of his shirt.

Rahmat ikut masuk gelanggang. "Sedia?" Dia tanya kedua pihak. Budak mama angguk, Kahar pon ikut.

"Mula!"

Right there and then the guy kicked Kahar at his side. He's fast. Kahar was unfazed. It must've hurt but he kept a straight face.

Kahar went in, punching the guy everywhere but his face. The guy was a fast thinker, he dodged most of the punches.

The guy took a hold of Kahar and flipped him to the ground. Kahar let out a loud grunt. The bruises from manifesto a few days ago was still there. The guy pinned him down, chocking Kahar with his leg.

Kahar struggled and struggled, his face turned red.
He somehow made it out. He flipped the guy back and kicked him in the stomach. Again and again. Kahar then chocked the guy with his arm. Locking him there.

"Tap out la bangsat!" Kahar began to panic. The guy's face is almost blue.

The guy was having trouble breathing. It was obvious that he's losing.
"I. Rather. Die." He breathed out before he stops moving completely . Kahar let go of him.

Kahar is shocked of what he's done. Rahmat went up to the ring and held Kahar's hand up. "Round 1 Kahar menang!" Dia announced. The whole crowd cheered. Kahar however stayed quiet. His eyes are widened even when he's out of the ring.

"Kau ok?" I asked him. Kahar's eyes were following mama's men. They were picking up the unmoving boy.

"Dia mati ke?" He asked. "Tak. Aku rasa dia hidup."

"Tapi?" He knows me too well.

"Tapi aku rasa mama nak let go dia." Geng mama memang ada repotasi. Kalau fighter kalah, fighter tu has no good reason to be kept in the gang. You can't just leave a gang.

Kahar looked shaken. Shaken by the reality that I live in. "Stay here." I told him while looking at mama. She already has her coat hung up. Her short hair clipped up. She's ready.

I left my hoodie by Kahar's side. Aku melangkah masuk ke gelanggang. Mama dah berdiri depan aku.

"Ready?" Mama tanya as if mengejek aku.

"Memang bangkai kau malam ni, celaka!"

Rahmat wasn't sure what to say except.
"MULA!"