Rumah

2006 (Kahar form 5):

Hakeem walked into the gym first then followed by Kahar. "Keemkeem aku mintak maafkan. Tak sengaja." Kahar said trying to keep up with the shorter man. Even calling him by the cute nickname. Someone's in trouble.

"Hi cinta hati. Skandal mu sudah mariii." Hakeem cakap kat aku, completely ignoring Kahar. I smiled and patted his head. "Geram aku." I said.

I looked to Kahar who seemed defeated. "Napa ni?" I asked them both. "Oh tak ada la ada abang ni tersepak keem keem tadi. Nasib baik tak arwah." Hakeem jawab selamba sambil mengambil gula-gula yang ada atas counter.

"Keemkeem kena sepak? Siann dia." Aku layan budak Hakeem ni. "Kahar napa sepak dia?" I asked him. "Tak sepak pun. Ter kena ja. Waktu tu tengah settle dengan budak form 4, Fakhri. Bawak phone takada lesen" Dia merungut. "Lepas tu Hakeem nak warn ada warden, terus masuk ring. Tu yang terkena." Kahar defended himself.

"Ohhh, Hakeem maafkan la dia. Dia tak sengaja tu."

Hakeem angguk. "Ye ye maafkan." Dia jawab. Kahar sighed as if a truck has been lifted off his chest.

Abandonment issues.

"Petang ni gi rumah?" I asked him. Kahar angguk. "Hakeem nak lepak sini boleeh?" He asked me. "Boleh ja. Kalau Hakeem tolong Rahmat, aku bayar upah."

Hakeem's face brightens. "Nak!" He answered and went to find Rahmat straight away. "Jom. Naik kereta. Saya drive." I told Kahar.

We walked to the car together. The drive to the house is a bit tensed. Mainly because of me but Kahar looks like he's planning something and I'm not sure if it's stupid or serious.

I'll be honest, lately Kahar has been a bit different. Gentle with me but harsher to others. Maybe it's the pressure of exam and being the kapla?

"Sayang ok?" I asked him.

Kahar nodded and reached for the radio. Fade to black by Metallica starts playing. He must've put in his cd.

The ride to the house was filled with his songs.

I parked my car right in front of the playground because the house is across of the playground and the front of the house is filled with old furnitures.

That playground..

I went out of the car and waited for Kahar to get out as well before locking the car. "Tak ada bag yang tinggal?" I asked him. He shakes his head.

There are two teenagers, barely teenagers probably 13 sitting on the bench that's inside of the pondok. High off their minds.

I walked pass them like normal. Kahar on the other hand looked shocked.

As much as a tough guy he is, he still grew up protected. Grew up in a good neighbourhood. Grew up rich, Abu Yamin is not a poor guy, in fact he's more than rich, he's influential. Abdul Kahar bin Abu Yamin is not used to seeing what living in a neighbourhood where dealers come and go do to people, teenagers, kids.

"Jom la sayang." I told him and took his hand in mine. Guided him to keep walking. "Budak lagi diorang tu." he mumbled, still in this belief. As if he's judging them.

They're not to blame.

"Aku pun mula barang waktu besar tu." I reminded him. I reminded who he's dating. I tried to let go of his hand but he kept holding mine. "Bukan tu maksud saya, yang." Kahar said and I nodded. "Takpa. Faham." I told him. I walked towards my jiran's house. Informing them that I'm there, gave them some buah tangan and went to the house.

Taking deep breath in before unlocking the door. The door opens with creeks.

The inside looks the same. Depressing.