27. Sad News

-Jax-

-Jax-

I watched Nic carefully. He lay beside me, his eyes closed, not knowing I was staring. He had a small smile on his face as his hand caressed my side slowly under the covers. I was smiling too. My body was still tingling all over after what we just did. After we had... sex.

I did not see that coming, but the timing was perfect. Natural. And fuck me, Nic was hot when he hovered over me, his body moving slowly... making me feel so goddamn good... I couldn't get that image out of my head. Not that I wanted to.

He opened his eyes, and his smile grew wider when our eyes met. His hand traveled up on my shoulder, then down my arm to take my hand in his. He brought it to his lips and kissed my scarred skin, his eyes never leaving mine.

"Why are you so good at romancing?" I asked.

He laughed, his handsomeness growing. "I didn't know I'm good at it."

"Good enough for me," I said, pecking his lips. "I guess we should clean up and get dressed before my dads come back home."

"Yeahh, I wouldn't want to try to explain this," he said, grinning in embarrassment at the thought of it.

"Yeah, no thanks," I said, and got out of bed, pulling him with me.

He gave me a curious look when I led him to my bathroom. He stopped by the door.

"Are we...?" he trailed off, peering at the shower, then gave me a careful glance, trying not to take a longer look at my naked body.

"No need to be shy," I told him, nudging his hand. "We don't have anything to hide anymore."

His eyes traveled down my body, then he quickly resumed his eye contact with me. He gave me a mischievous smile.

"But I'm expecting you to behave," I said sternly.

"I'll behave," he promised. "I can't promise I'll behave well, though."

I rolled my eyes but laughed lightly and let go of his hand. "Just get in already."

I stepped under the shower and turned to see him. His eyes quickly darted up to my eyes, giving away the fact that he'd been staring at my ass.

"Coming, coming," he hurried to say, and closed the door behind him before joining me behind the curtain. "I've never actually taken a shower with someone else before."

"That sounds so boring," I told him, turning on the water.

"My life was boring without you in it," he said quietly, touching my face.

I groaned lightly and tossed my head back. "Stop being so romantic..."

"I'm surprised you like romance," he purred with a smile, pressing himself lightly against me.