38. Perfect

-Jax-

-Jax-

I'd hated to leave Nic at the hospital all alone, but we were told to go home for the night. I was scared for Nic... He'd told me over and over again that he didn't want to hurt himself, but I feared he would not be able to make good decisions if he started spiraling again... At least he was at the hospital... They wouldn't let him leave or hurt himself... I hoped...

But tomorrow they'd consider letting him come home with us. They just needed to make sure he was able to come home, and there were no complications. They'd make sure his medication was working, and he'd recovered from the surgeries well.

I needed him next to me...

I couldn't get rid of the images of his lifeless, bloodied face... I'd thought he would die. He'd looked so horrible right after the accident... And I could still smell his burned skin...

I shook my head, reminding myself he was fine. He was alive, and his injuries would heal. He would come home soon, and everything would go back to normal. We'd have the happy life we were supposed to have. He'd be right next to me again, just like it was meant to be.

I couldn't wait...

I just wanted us to be happy again...

I was supposed to go to bed early, but instead, I found myself kneeling next to the large plastic bag, pulling my beautiful dress out of it. And fuck, it smelled bad...

"Oh, no..." I muttered when I spotted a piece of torn fabric.

Carefully, I got the dress out of the bag, and stopped to study the damage. Thankfully, there wasn't a lot of it, but I wasn't sure if Jessica's mom would be able to fix it. I was still going to ask. Even if it couldn't be fixed so I could still wear it, I wanted to fix it so I could still keep it.

It was my first dress, after all. The dress my boyfriend bought me. The dress that was fitted just for me.

I spent the next hour trying to wash it in my bathroom. I was careful so I wouldn't damage it even more. Once I was done, I hung it up to dry, and spent a long time staring at it.

It was still so beautiful...

My beautiful dress from my gorgeous boyfriend... One day, I'd wear it just for him.

Finally, I went to bed. I couldn't really close my eyes at first, but it was easier to fall asleep when I focused on happy thoughts and good memories I had with Nic, and soon the new day arrived. I hurried out of the bed, used the toilet, and took a quick shower. I hardly even remembered I was supposed to go to school that day as I hurried to get dressed and ask Pop to take me to the hospital. Thankfully, my fathers didn't have anything against it, except that I had to eat first. Which was a fucking pain in my ass because I was getting too anxious to eat, but we reached a compromise, and I was allowed to eat my sandwiches in the car.