30. Keeper

-Jax-

-Jax-

Someone wasn't in a hurry to wake up the next morning. Not that we had somewhere to be until later afternoon, but I wondered if Nic was ever going to wake up. And since he was using my shoulder as his pillow, his arms tightly around me, I was not going anywhere. I wasn't complaining, though. His night had been more restless again, and I blamed his father for it. I wished Wednesday and the stupid party were over already so we could continue with our lives pretending Mr. Gabriel didn't exist. That man needed to stay away from my boyfriend.

I watched Nic and a tiny trail of saliva coming from his open mouth, falling on my chest.

"You're so handsome," I muttered quietly, gently brushing my hand through his hair.

He snorted loudly in his sleep, smacked his lips a few times, then rested back down without waking up.

"Such a keeper," I said, chuckling.

But he was a keeper. I turned to look at the red dress hanging on my closet door. His gift to me. It was a way too expensive gift, and I still wasn't happy with him spending so much money on me, but I couldn't stop thinking about the look on his face when he'd seen me in it. It warmed my cold, dark heart. That look was the reason I hadn't stopped him from buying the dress for me. If it made him happy... And it was mostly for his eyes only, anyway.

That thought caused a nervous jolt in my stomach. The dress would be for his eyes only... after the stupid party.

Where the fuck did I get myself into...? I absolutely loved the idea of rebelling against Mr. Gabriel by sneaking into his precious party to which I was absolutely not allowed to attend, but fuck me... I had to wear a full-blown evening dress in front of what sounded like thousands of people. Okay, maybe not thousands, but even a dozen of complete strangers were too much.

The whole thing gave me anxiety, but all I had to do was take a look at my boyfriend to find my courage again. I feared I'd get him back as a complete wreck, or not at all, if I didn't go. He needed me there.

Nick finally showed signs of waking up only a moment later. I watched him as he moved and mumbled something incoherent, then opened his eyes and saw me. He blinked, smiled, and stretched his toned body before hugging me tightly.

"Morning, my little kitten."

"Your little what now?" I growled, grabbing him by his hair to make him face me.

He grinned, showing no remorse. "I've wanted to call you that for a while now."

"And you decided today is a good day to die?" I asked.

"Yes," he said, and pressed his lips on mine, being quite harsh when he kissed me.

I bit his lower lip, drawing such a pleased groan out of him that he'd riled me up on purpose. I bit him harder, but it only fired him up. And that fired me up... Especially when he moved on top of me, most of his weight pinning me under him... I wrapped my arms and legs around him and let go of his lip so he could kiss me again, and it didn't take long before I had his tongue in my mouth.