𝟎𝟐𝟖 ━━ the moon and the stars

EJ SNUGGLED NEXT TO Ricky

EJ SNUGGLED NEXT TO Ricky. The Amphitheater was outdoors and they had to wear jumpers and wrap themselves with blankets to keep themselves warm in the coolness of the night. EJ snuggled next to Ricky to keep warm. If he was being honest, he was still in shock.

Ricky's hands snaked around his waist, latching onto his hips in a way where he could hold him too, cradling him in his arms. He felt him draw wavering lines along his back as if he was a little unsure. He couldn't blame him if he was. If EJ was being honest, he was still a little scared himself. A few weeks ago, they weren't speaking.

Now, instead of spending his summer and unforeseeable future in St. Louis, getting Caswell-endorsed life lessons from a mysterious cousin, he was in his favorite place in the world with his favorite people. And, the one who made it feel like home anywhere.

He told Ricky that he wasn't the reason he stayed, and that was true. But, if he knew it would be like this, leaving wouldn't have been an option in the first place. Though he knew it now, and he was almost shocked he didn't before. Ricky stared up at him, his head in his lap, and the starry LA sky looked like it was reflected in his eyes. For him.

"Aren't you two just adorable?" Marcus commented, drawing their attention to him. EJ's head whipped around with a frown on his face.

"Not too loud," Gina said, smiling. "You'll frighten them."