𝟎𝟑𝟏 ━━ in lieu of conversation

❝MORNING, LOSERS!" MARCUS SMILED, sitting down at the breakfast table

MORNING, LOSERS!" MARCUS SMILED, sitting down at the breakfast table. Everyone had gotten to the hall before him. He took a seat next to Big Red, slinging his arm around his shoulders. "Hope you've been treating my fellow champion accordingly!"

"Big Red!" Ashlyn squealed, from next to him. "You didn't tell me you won the scavenger hunt!"

Most of the Wildcats were all there. Everyone woke up early, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the cast list, due to arrive any moment. Gina and Ashlyn hadn't even bothered to change out of their pajamas. The dancer scoffed down a granola barNini was next to her, eating a bowl of cereal. Opposite them, Seb sat with Kourtney. Both of them had full trays of food, like himself and Big Red.

He made a little quip about only the best among them having breakfastonly Big Red laughed, Gina eyed him. Ricky and EJ didn't move.

The two boys were beside Big Red, on the other side. They were sitting, together, if you could even call it that, in silence. It was more like their bodies were placed beside each other. EJ looked down at his plate, playing with the cereal he'd gotten. Ricky was sparing him glances between bites of toast.

Ricky had done something.

"Are you guys okay?" Marcus asked, the sound of a smile in his voice.

"Yeah..." they mumbled, in unison. They went back to their food, clearly uninterested in talking about it. However, Marcus had drawn attention to them now and an awkward silence fell around the table as everyone gave them questioning looks. EJ gave him a particularly sour look, but Marcus kept smiling.