i.

meet the matchmaker.
*·˚
-

the summer sun hit (name) like a brick. it had been a couple weeks after winter, which didn't feel like it during holiday months in colombia, but it felt nicer to feel cooler breeze during those months.

she strolled across encanto's marketplace, trying to keep it on the low as to not get unexpected clients today

she strolled across encanto's marketplace, trying to keep it on the low as to not get unexpected clients today. "señorita (name)!" her name was called from the other side of where she was.

so much for keeping it low. "si?" she painted a fake smile on her face. "are you busy?" this boy now infront of her asked. yes. "no, what's up?" he softly chuckled and pulled out a bouquet. "um," he paused.

"for you." (name) blushed. "m-me?" she said with her eyes widened as olives. he nodded. she let out an 'aw.' "that's very sweet of you." she smiled warmly over her fake one.

he shrugged. "so, i need help with this girl." (name) mentally let out a sigh. of course. she thought to herself. "what about this girl?" she asked. "well, she's been giving me mixed signals. i don't know if i should make a move or not."

the boy rubbed his arm sheepishly. (name) hummed, "i think you should. she might be confused about her feelings right now. but with you making a move, maybe she'll have a clear view of what she wants." the (hair color) haired teen adviced.

recieving a nod, (name) wished him good luck. "gracias, (name)." he thanked before leaving.

(name) let out a sharp exhale. she should've seen it coming. holding the bouquet in her hands, she quickly gave it to another woman. "why thank you (name)." the older woman spoke very sweetly.

*·˚

"i'm home má!" (name) yelled as she placed the basket of produce on the dining table. she could hear her mamá's footsteps running down the stairs. "did you get it?" she asked excitedly. (name) giggled, pulling out a carton of strawberries.

her mamá gasped dramatically. "hija you angel, summer strawberries!" she kissed the girl's cheek. "wait till you try all the cakes i'll make with these."

(name)'s mamá was one of encanto's fine bakers. they didn't have their own bakery, but she would take orders for weddings and birthdays, you name it!

sometimes she would just bake for her own family, which is just them two. "i'll be upstairs." (name) said in prior to walking to her room. she closed the door behind her, and inspected her cluttered room.

she groaned. "how do you always do this (name)." she talked to herself. though, she didn't do anything about it, leaving it messy. she rummaged through her stuff, finally finding what she was looking for.

"aha!" she laughed. her old sketchbook, she hasn't drawn in a while, but she's been planning to do so. it couldn't hurt after all. but then, she looked over her desk and the list of all her clients that day.

she sighed, closing her sketchbook. she placed it on her bed. "time to get to work."

*·˚

(name) gave the woman a puzzled look. "so what you're saying is.. he likes you, but you don't like him, but you still want to date him?" she asked with the same expression.

the woman was unbothered to the core, giving a smile and a nod. "si." (name)'s jaw was left open. "well, um." she paused, smacking her lips. "i don't think that's healthy, señorita." she let out a nervous laugh. "oh.." she mumbled.

"i'm sorry i can't give much of help." (name) gave a warm smile. "gracias anyway, (name)." the woman walked away. man there are some crazy people in encanto. (name) thought to herself.

(name) called out the next client. her office wasn't much of an 'office.' she worked in her backyard, it had enough sunlight and the flowers her mamá grew complimented the scenery.

a boy walked in through the gate, his hair was curly and brown. he was pretty tall for his age, had freckles too. but the remarkable thing that stuck to (name) was his ruana. yellow and had chameleons on it.

where has she seen him before?

"hola." he greeted. he sat across her, where her clients are suppose to sit. "hi. how can i help señor?" she asked but not only in how she could help, but his name. "camilo madrigal."

madrigal! an imaginary light bulb appeared beside her head. "i see. i've never had a madrigal come to me before." she giggled. "guess i'll be the first." he shrugged. "i really like this girl." (name) nodded, attentively listening.

but it was hard, considering how alluring his features were. especially his freckles that looked sort of like the constellations in her papá's space books.

"but, i don't think she notices me."

camilo? a girl not noticing him? it had to be a dream.