xvi.

señor bruno.
*·˚
"i don't know, i'm just, i love you."
a/n ; slow updates!
-

(name) batted her eyes open, meeting a laughing group of madrigal cousins. they sat across her, camilo, and antonio who stayed sleeping on her lap. she lifted her head from his shoulder and looked out the window.

they definitely weren't in encanto anymore. "not sleepy anymore amor?" camilo asked in-between yawns. she shook her head. "no.. i must've stayed up late packing." camilo stifled a laugh. "finally you two are awake! we're almost at the inn." pepa yelled from the front.

felíx was driving, and julietta and agustin stayed in the back asleep too. they slept late making the food for all the traveling. bruno and abuela alma stayed in the back too, away from everyone else. bruno was deep asleep and snoring incredibly loud.

abuela alma kept a poise sitting position, she looked, worried. (name) glanced over at abuela alma. she tapped camilo's shoulder. "is abuela alma okay?" she asked. camilo turned his head to his abuela and gave a worrisome expression.

"i think she's nervous about going back here. she did meet my abuelo here, before he passed." he shrugged. (name) felt her heart drop. poor abuela. she thought to herself. "will you four knock it off?" felíx teased the girls.

"sorry tio!" the three yelled, dolores laughed.

༊*·˚

(name) entered the room she and camilo would share for the next week. "ooo." she hummed with a smile. she plopped herself on the bed, closing her eyes. she felt someone lay by her. camilo was closing his eyes as well and looked like a koala sleeping.

(name) let out a laugh, "tired amor?" she asked before getting up and moving her suitcase somewhere else. camilo nodded. "wanna go explore?" he sat up. "is that even a question?"

the two had left the inn before anyone in the family did. well, expect for a future seeker. bruno was out feeding the horses by the town's stables. whilst camilo was distracted by the booths, (name) strolled her way to her tio bruno.

"tio?" she called. bruno perked up and gave a nervous smile. "(name), how are you liking the place?" he asked. he was tense, and so very nervous. what was making him so nervous? (name), before replying, glanced over behind him.

a woman in her 50's who had pretty black hair and a slight mole on her face. she had her hair in a half-updo and was wearing a long red dress that hugged her figure.

(name) hummed teasingly. "wh- what? what is it?" he fanned himself. he was turning absolutely red, to a point where you wouldn't be able to tell the difference of his face and a tomato.

"do you like her tio?" she whispered. bruno chuckled, "no.." he paused. "yes, yes i do." he whispered back. "want me to help?" she smiled widely. please say yes, please say yes. she thought to herself.

bruno's eyes glistened. "that would be great señorita cupid." he gave a friendly wink. (name) pumped her fists softly, and walked to the woman. "hello señora." she greeted. the woman lifted her head to make eye contact. she had the prettiest purple eyes.

"oh hello mija, are you guys new?" she glanced over to bruno too. bruno shyly hid behind the head of the horse. "yes we are, we just arrived this morning." the woman curved her lips into a smile. "what's your name señora? if you don't mind me asking." (name) tilted her head.

the woman, stood up and extended her hand for (name) to take. "my name's feather." she continued. "woah. pretty name." (name) breathed. totally noticing her words after being said, she slapped her hand over her mouth. señora feather cackled. "that's sweet of you to say."

(name) mirrored her laugh. "well um, i'm (name). this is my tio, bruno, and my boyfriend, camilo." she introduced. not completely surprised that camilo followed after her.

camilo was hyping up bruno with back massages and nudges. bruno was totally dazed at feather's appearance. "it's nice to have a new familía here." she shrugged. (name) took tio bruno's arm and pulled him into the conversation.

"hello." bruno managed to say. (name) stepped back beside camilo and laid her head on his shoulder. "hi. uh, bruno, right?" she gave a confused look. "yeah, yeah." he lightly laughed. "sorry, i'm pretty bad with names." she shyly rubbed her arm.

bruno shook his head. "i am too!" they both laughed together. (name) could feel tears forming, her heart exploding out of joy. "i love my job." she spoke. camilo laughed out loud. "i know you do." he held her hand, deciding to leave the two alone.

༊*·˚

"yeah, that's what i told her!" (name) said in-between chewing. "really? you usually have a habit of twisting one's words." camilo teased as he gave her a soft elbow.

she bit her lip. "okay, maybe i didn't tell her that whole thing." she sighed. "i didn't know people in encanto could be so.. in love." camilo breathed. "hey, look at us." she shrugged. (name) stopped and dramatically stabbed her chest area.

"i'd kill for you." she mocked with a laugh after. camilo joined in with laughing. "what else do you wanna do today?" he asked. (name) thought to herself for a while, "everything."