ix.

night market.
*·˚
that would make it 2,700 pesos.
-

(name) hummed

(name) hummed. "i'll take it." she curved her lips into a wide smile. señora octavia nodded, mirroring her grin. "glad doing business with you, señorita." she waved goodbye to go look for the teenage boy.

whilst walking, she bumped into a boy taller than her. "ay, perdón-" "(name)?" vincent's eyes glistened. "oh! vincent, sorry, i didn't see you." she rubbed her arm nervously. "that's okay, nice to bump into you."

he took her hand and kissed the back. she felt goosebumps on her arms. "are you running a booth for your matchmaking business?" he asked. (name) shook her head. "no, i'm here with the madrigal grandkids." vincent frowned. "even camilo?"

(name) was a little confused at his sudden shift in tone. "uh, yes. i'm actually looking for him right now." she continued to rub her arm. for encanto's cupid, (name) was pretty oblivious when love is being served on a silver platter for her.

vincent painted a smile on his face. "i'll go with you then. i'd like to say hi to him too." (name) gave a nod. after what felt like forever, (name) finally saw camilo by a group of girls fawning over him. "okay, okay, take it easy girls." she could hear his voice.

(name) gripped the box of the bracelet in her hand. vincent had noticed the tension on her face, grabbing her hand and interwining them. "relax. wanna get a bite first? we'll come back to him later."

camilo's pov
*·˚

"are you and (name) really dating?" one of them asked the boy, she had pretty blonde hair and a green dress. camilo rubbed the back of his neck, "yes actually." he smiled smuggly. they groaned. "guess she beat us to it." one of them laughed.

they all laughed together. camilo was delighted that they didn't throw insults at (name). they were about to leave, when one of them stayed back and whispered to camilo, "but if you guys don't work out, you know who to call."

camilo's stomach turned, the bad kind. the opposite kind of when he sees (name). he covered his awkward expression with an attempted smile. he let out an sharp exhale as soon as the girl was out of view. feeling like he's been holding his breath the entire time.

the boy went to go look for his other half, who he spotted by the ice cream parlor. laughing. with vincent. his stomach turned again. has he eaten something bad or something? it seemed that vincent told a joke that (name) ended up being hysterical about.

he huffed, deciding to leave them alone.

*·˚

"you helped invent that thing?" (name) jaw dropped to the floor. vincent gave a nod, "yeah. it was a lot of work, but it did.. pretty good." he said iffy. "humbling." (name) teased. the two laughed. in the corner of her eye, she saw camilo steam off.

(name) patted vincent's shoulder. "excuse me vince." vincent hesitantly nodded. she was about to run off to camilo, but vincent took her arm with his hand. "(name), i have a question."

she bit her lip, "okay, but hurry." she fidgeted with her feet. vincent cleared his throat, putting his hand over his chest. "(name), will you go out with me?" he asked. (name) was bug-eyed. "wh-what?" she highly figured this was a dare or something.

vincent nervously rubbed his chest. "um.. will you go out with me?" he said in a much doubtful tone. "no, no, i heard you very clear. too- too clear at that." she was taken back. "so, will you?" vincent kept a smile on his face.

but all she could think of is camilo. "i'm, i'm sorry vincent i'll get you back on that, i'll be right back!" she ran off, leaving vincent in an awkward spot. was he just rejected?

"camilo!" she yelled, hoping for him to turn his head. "please." she mumbled. she ran faster, trying to catch up to him. she was blocked by a crowd, his curly-head getting farther and farther away. "camilo.." she breathed.

(name) suddenly felt like her feet weren't on the ground anymore. she looked down beside her, luisa was carrying her on her shoulder. "which way did he go?!" mirabel yelled. "there!" dolores gave a soft-spoken yell.

isabela immediately moved into action, gently shoving the crowd out of the way for (name) to get through. luisa put her down, "thank you girls!" she waved behind her, as she ran again.

it felt like her legs had a mind of it's own. all directed towards camil0. "'milo!" she cried. this time, camilo turned his head. "(name)! slow down bonita." he took her by her hands. (name) panted heavily. "sorry, i just, i needed to see you."

"wait, bonita?" she raised a brow. camilo let out a soft chuckle. "why did you need to see me? missed me that much?" he joked around, like his usual self. (name) affectionately rolled her eyes. she gasped in realization, taking the box out of her bag.

she cleared her throat, "this is for you." camilo gazed over the tiny box in her hands. "wow, thank you." he smiled as he opened the box. it was a pretty yellow bracelet, with silver accents. "holy shit (name)." he mumbled.

(name) let out a laugh. "do you like it?" she asked. with no hesitation, camilo lifted her and spun her around. "i love it! my god (name), how much was this?" he cupped his hand over his mouth in a whisper.

"please. you don't have to worry about that." she fiddled with the necklace around her neck. she gasped in realization, "vincent!" she exclaimed. camilo rose a brow. "what about him?" he mentally rolled his eyes.

"he, he asked me out." she put her hands on his shoulders. "what?!"