xiv.

secrets.
*·˚
"seriously chica?" he laughed.
-

(name) stared deadpanned at him. "i'm very serious." she blankly stated. he let out a sigh, "goodness (name)." he let out another laugh. (name) felt kind of dumb, to be laughed at by her.. what was he to her anyway?

"it's you! it's been you from the start!" (name) raised a brow. "what do you mean? from the start?" it was camilo's turn to roll his eyes. "it was never about krystel or anybody else. it's always been you."

(name) felt butterflies flutter in her stomach. "please evaluate." she held his hands. "maybe we can talk over pizza breads?" he pointed to the paper bag on his lap. she nodded, grabbing one of them out and taking a bite. "so.." she said with a full mouth.

*·˚

"oh my god!" (name) whisper yelled in disbelief. "yeah. sorry." he tensed his shoulders. he had just finished explaining everything and all the details.

"but you're kind of wrong, i don't get that much suitors you think i do." she shrugged with a giggle. "right." he winced. "but.. why'd you run off like that the other night? also! my má told me you were looking for me."

she nudged his shoulder teasingly. he rubbed his arm in pain, "well i was. but i figured you were avoiding me, so i gave up. and, i didn't think i was deserving of you." (name) choked on the bread. "woah, breathe, señorita!" he patted her back.

"deserving of me? that's gotta be bull." camilo shook his head. "no.. not bull." he shrugged. (name) rubbed her chin, "but.. i always thought i wasn't deserving of you. señor perfecta." she teased before taking another bite of her bread.

camilo gave a disgusted look at the name. "never call me that again, i know how isabela feels now." (name) let out a loud laugh. "there's the camilo i missed." she elbowed his arm. "wait, you felt the way i felt about you?" (name) nodded.

the curly-haired let out a kind of sigh of relief. "so what are we?" (name) hummed. "i dunno, what are we amor?" she joked with a smirk. "gee, i wonder." camilo caught on and took the second bread out of the bag.

(name) gave him a light peck on the forehead. "i guess just the same. but real." camilo smiled, (name) mirrored his face. "hm. encanto's cupid and encanto's shapeshifter." (name) thought about it as it left her lips.

"it has a nice ring no?" camilo slinged his arm around her shoulders. "it always did." (name) rolled her eyes. "were so cringe." they laughed together.

that night, (name) slept over. she didn't want to face her mamá because she knows she'll just talk and talk about vincent and how perfect he is of a husband. so she stayed back.

she woke up in the middle of the night, camilo sleeping deeply next to her. she carefully got up and went out the door towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. she felt an arm yank her inside a dark room. "wha- hey!" she was shushed by the voice of a girl.

this 'girl' clapped her hands, and suddenly the lights turned on. dolores. her room was surprisingly big for a girl with a hearing gift, it had yellow and red accents and had a traditional aesthetic to it.

"oh hey dolores." (name) yawned. dolores smiled, "hola bonita, i.." she paused. dolores bit her lip, hesitant about what she's about to say next. "i need your help with something." the (hair color) haired listened. "with what?" she tilted her head in confusion.

dolores peeked out the door to see if anyone was there, then closed it again. she cupped her hand over her mouth and whispered, "abuela is planning to leave the encanto."

(name) let out a soft gasp.

*·˚

the next morning, (name) felt tense during breakfast

the next morning, (name) felt tense during breakfast. stealing a few glances at abuela alma, then back to camilo. only (name) and dolores knew about abuela alma's supposed 'leave.'

it made (name)'s stomach turn thinking about how she knows a family secret that her boyfriend doesn't know about. she gave looks to dolores, who exchanged some back. pepa cleared her throat under the silence, "(name), what time did you come in last night?"

shit. we didn't think this through. is what camilo read on (name)'s face. camilo audibly gulped his food. "she came in late at night. said her mamá and her are fighting." (name) sighed, close call. pepa hummed. "i see." she let out a small giggle.

the girl rose a brow at the sudden laugh, but she shook it off. "i have something to say." abuela alma stood up abruptly from her seat. (name) turned her head to dolores' who was beyond worried. "i'm going to.."

"retire!" dolores stood up and cut her off. "yeah, i um, heard, abuela." abuela alma rose a brow. dolores sheepishly rubbed her arm out of nervousness. "abuela can we please talk?" dolores asked. abuela alma looked over the rest of the family, then back at dolores.

she nodded, following after the red-bow wearing girl. (name) let out another sigh of relief, though, it was louder than she intended it to be.

"what was that sigh for, (name)?" mirabel squinted. (name) could feel a bead of sweat course down her forehead. "just.. so famished, from all this food." she rubbed her stomach and let out a nervous laugh.

"you hardly ate, corazon." camilo butt in. but it was true, she had only eaten corn the whole morning. "well." think (name), think. she thought to herself. "i need to use the bathroom!" she stood, and ran for her life inside casita and upstairs.

only being there two times, (name)'s memory was fuzzy.

"camilo where's the bathroom?" she yelled from the railing. "to the left!" he yelled back. "gracias!" she responded before running again.

isabela and luisa laughed, "is she corn-intolerant?" mirabel perked. camilo rolled his eyes, "no.. there's something she's hiding."