xii.

heartfelt confessions.
*·˚
"when you're you."
-

the (hair color) haired girl cleared her throat. "may i be excused?" she whispered to her mamá. her mamá slightly hesitated. "i have lots of clients today." she lied. she had a day off today, and if her mamá would only pay attention, it was always on the fridays.

"okay then. atleast bring your lunch." she handed her a brown paper bag. (name) waved and smiled at the antonovs before running out. thank god that's over. she thought to herself.

she happened to be a little late, by five minutes, but sure enough, camilo would wait. so in a hurry, (name) continued to run towards the direction of the lake.

she panted, trying to catch her breath. she examined her scenery, it was the same lake, with a mix of pink and yellow. there was also so many butterflies that flew across the place.

but, she didn't see the shapeshifter.

maybe he's just a little late is all. so (name) sat by the shore, and played with the water. she took her shoes off and dipped her feet in the water to pass the time. but it quickly turned to an hour.. then another hour, until it started to become a tat chilly.

she hummed. she stared at her reflection on the surface of the water. "(name)?" she heard. "camilo!" she stood and ran to give him a koala hug. he laughed, "hi." he said awkwardly.

"sorry, sorry i'm late." he rubbed the back of his neck. (name) shook her head, "that's okay. just, dont do it next time." she threatened. camilo's face dropped into a nervous expression. "capisce."

"why are you late anyway? did something happen?" (name) grew worried. "it's nothing serious." (name) nudged him on the shoulder. "spill." she whispered. "i'm here to listen." she lead him to a tree log to sit on.

(name) scooted over next to him, putting her chin on the palms of her hands. camilo let out a chuckle. "(name), remember when you asked.." he paused. (name) rose a brow. "i ask a lot of things chico."

she shrugged. "when you asked about what we are? like our status?" (name) nodded. "oh yeah, that was a week ago." she giggled, "what about it?" camilo bit his lip. "i'm.. thinking we should end this 'fake' nonsense."

oh right. (name) thought to herself. this is all fake. (name) unnoticed, scooted back. "oh.. yeah, i guess you're right." she rubbed the back of her neck. she closed her other hand into a fist. they sat in an uncomfortable silence.

"camilo," she broke the tension. camilo hummed, "yeah?" she let out a sharp exhale. "i'm going to be real with you i-" she said with haste, but she stopped herself. "i love you." she breathed.

camilo was bug-eyed. he held his arms around his stomach. he looked away, "then stop." (name) felt her heart destroyed into shreds. camilo stood up, keeping his face away from hers. "goodbye, (name)." she could see a tear course down his face.

"you don't mean that- you don't mean that!" she grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving. "i do!" he yelled. "then say it to my face!" she felt her eyes burning. he quickly turned his head, his face was red and wet.

"stop loving me!" he snatched his arm away before running away.

(name) watched his figure get smaller through blurried eyes. she dropped to the floor. what.. what am i going to do? she thought to herself. and she cried.

*·˚

it had been days. weeks.

(name) curled into a ball, laying on her bed. her room was messy, and her paintings had no meaning. it was morning again, but pepa seemed to be in a bad mood, obviously giving a bad weather cascading over encanto.

her mamá knocked on the door. "amor? are you alright?" she spoke. (name) didn't reply. her mamá let herself in, sitting on the edge. "please speak to me." she pleaded. (name) couldn't speak. not to anyone, especially not to camilo.

who she's hasn't seen because she had isolated herself from outside. "they're asking where you are, my flower." she held her hand. (name) could just feel the tears forming. "yeah right." she wiped a few tears away. "its true," her mamá laughed.

"vincent especially." (name) sat up at the name. "if you're going to ramble about vincent the whole time you're here, please leave." the (hair color) haired took her hand away and turned the other way.

her mamá patted her back. "okay. fine. camilo's been looking for you." (name) turned her head to face her mamá. "you're just saying that." she spoke. "you can find out yourself, amor." her mamá stood back up and walked out.

(name) let out a frustrated groan. the course of these weeks she's isolated herself, she's been losing clients. maybe it was time to move on. even if it hurt.

she quickly took a hair tie from her drawer and tied her hair into low buns, then got ready. luckily, she had a few clients that day who would do nicely.