iv.

stuck by glue.
*·˚
easy. we pretend to date.
-

the girl gave him a powerful nudge. taking the notebook, she wrote, the hell you mean 'pretend to date' ?! camilo snickered. he took the notebook back. do you not want to date me? (name) could hear his smug tone whilst reading.

god, it sickened her. you make me want to throw up. she wrote down. again, camilo gasped, wiping an imaginary tear from his eye. (name) affectionately rolled her eyes.

how is this going to stop dolores from telling everybody about your supposed date with krystel? she wrote down. camilo took the notebook, once she knows that were dating, it will be as if nothing happened between me and that witch. he laughed.

(name) gasped. camilo was stunned to see her make even an ounce of sound. (name) laughed at his reaction before gently pushing him out of the way, seeing as a man carrying a few crates was coming their way.

"oh sorry pájaros del amors. just making my way to casita." he gave a friendly wink. "pájaros del amors?" (name) raised a brow in confusion. (name) didn't know much spanish, but camilo did. he giggled at the nickname.

"(name)!" her name was called by a girl's voice. oh boy, right now? "si?" she responded. the girl was young, probably in her 10's. "hola. i," she stammered. "what's wrong?" she held her shoulder. "i like this boy." she said with glossy eyes.

(name) glanced at a saddened camilo. "what about this boy, hon?" she spoke softly. "i confessed to him. he said he liked me back, but he's been dating another girl." (name) put a hand over her mouth. like it was an instinct, she held the girl in an embrace.

"i'm sorry that happened to you." she said upon letting go. "what should i do (name)?" she asked. the girl hummed, "have you talked to him?" the younger girl shook her head. camilo butt in, "just leave him little señorita. he doesn't deserve you." he continued reassuring. they looked like two parents comforting their child.

"but, i love him." she continued.

(name) could feel her heart breaking. this was one of the cons of being a matchmaker. when little kids who have no knowledge on love come to her.

"listen. maybe talk to him, and find out his feelings? and when you find out, come to me." she said sweetly. the younger girl nodded, running away. but she came back to hug (name)'s legs. "thank you." she whispered before hugging camilo's legs as well.

(name) glanced over to camilo and buried her head on his shoulder. "god i hate this job." she whispered with a silent sob. camilo lightly laughed, rubbing the girl's back.

*·˚

i'll pick you up for dinner at casita. time to meet the family. camilo wrote down after. (name) was getting ready at the moment, deciding wether or not to wear a silver pair of earrings or not.

she knew it was just a fake dinner, but it felt real to her. she's never done this before, and goodness was she anxious. camilo waited by her bedroom door.

(name)'s mamá passed by him, giving a perplexed look. "camilo madrigal?" she spoke. the shapeshifter nodded. "present." he laughed. "what are you doing here chico?" (name) could hear their muffled voices from the other side of the door.

camilo, thinking that (name) had told her about their newly foundly (fake) relationship.. "oh, i'm picking up my novia for dinner." he smiled warmly. (name)'s mamá's eyes widened. "(first name) (second name) (last name)!" *if u don't have a second name just skip it lol!

oh boy. (name) thought to herself. her mamá barged inside her room, hugging the girl tight. "i know you think i won't understand teenage love, but me and your papí started dating at your age!" she continued.

camilo watched the scene, a laugh escaped his mouth. "má." she patted the arm of the now sobbing woman. "camilo will drop me off before nine." (name) kissed her cheek before leaving with camilo. "i'll kill you camilo if you break her heart!" they heard from a distance.

(name) gave an affectionate eye roll. "sorry about that." she giggled. camilo shook his head, "it's okay, probably not as worse as my mamí. just.. strap yourself in." he teased. (name) audibly gulped, what was she getting into?

they made it to the front of casita. casita waved hello to the two of them with it's shutters. (name) seemed to be the only one of them to notice, waving back with a smile. camilo with no warning, interwined their hands.

taken back, (name) gave him a shocked look that he didn't notice either

taken back, (name) gave him a shocked look that he didn't notice either. he opened casita's teal door. his mamí. pepa stood in the middle of casita's lobby. previously holding a basket of bread, she dropped it at the sight of the two.

"what.. is the meaning of this?" pepa had a visible rainbow above her head. "ah! finally!" mirabel spoke from upstairs that took the attention of the rest of the family. "alright, alright, calma familia." camilo let out a nervous chuckle.

(name) was bombarded with questions left and right. an old woman's voice cleared her throat. with that, everybody stopped in no effort. dang.

abuela madrigal. (name) thought to herself as her eyes were caught by a woman in a scarlet dress, her gray hair tidy and neat in a bun. her hands were placed on her stomach. she was incredibly poised and graceful.

but immediately when her presence was heard, the room became stiff. "abuela, this is (name). my novia." camilo said with a smile. (name) wanted to hide from how her eyes moved up and down at her.

"(name) (last name). the one with the mamá who bakes?" she asked. (name) nodded hesitantly. camilo kept his hand in hers, noticing her weakened smile. "well you sure have beautiful structure. enjoy the evening señorita (last name)." with that, she left.

(name) let out a breath, as if she was holding it since forever. camilo lightly laughed, "she doesn't bite. she's kind of all bark actually." he nudged her shoulder.

"hola (name)." she heard a little boy's voice from below. antonio! (name) giggled upon seeing the innocent boy's face. "hi tonito." she kneeled beside him, her hand still holding camilo's, afraid she'll get lost if she let go.

he fiddled with his fingers, the same way camilo does. "what's up buddy?" (name) asked with a smile. "you're the matchmaker of encanto right?" he asked nervously. had a feeling of knowing what he's about to say next, (name) giggled. "you eyeing a girl?" she whispered.

camilo smiled upon seeing the two conversate, glancing over to their hands that seemed to be stuck by glue, he blushed. antonio nodded at the girl's question.

"do i know her?" she asked. he shook his head, looking down on the floor. "her name's valentina." he cupped his mouth to whisper in her ear.