s2, v.

trials.
*·˚
-

"you obliged-?!"

"do you think i would just
run from abuela?!"

abuela alma clapped her hands to signal casita to move a chair for her to sit on

abuela alma clapped her hands to signal casita to move a chair for her to sit on. "i will be interviewing each and every one of you. i'll start by asking if there are any questions?" mariano fiddled with his fingers, then raised his hand.

"yes mariano?" abuela alma motioned for him to speak. mariano stepped forward like a toddler, it made the girls and river giggle. agustin and felíx looked at each other and chuckled.

( i don't really care how you see the other in-laws its up to your interpretation! )

mariano cleared her throat. "do they know about this?" (name) assumed they, meaning their other halves. "no." abuela alma said dully. they were all taken aback, mariano's and (name)'s eyes widened. river's jaw dropped slightly. lilian froze. and sól and feather looked at each other with raised brows.

"why.. not?" lilian furrowed her brows. after feather, lilian was the oldest out of all of them. "simple, they would protest. any other questions?" (name) mentally face palmed. "no.." they said in unison.

abuela alma nodded, "good. señora feather you're up first." feather froze for a few seconds. "feather!" agustin snapped his fingers infront of the braided woman. feather had luckily been brought back to reality, and quickly sat in a chair across abuela that casita had brought in.

"agustin, felíx, entertain the others please." the two other in-laws marched their way to the rest and they brought them inside the kitchen. "what is going on?" river asked agustin.

"well since sól has been known of having a gift, abuela alma needs to see if any of you do as well. but.. i presume none of you are betrothed yet besides the little señorita?"

they nodded in sync. "but if in-laws get a gift, wouldn't you two get any?" lilian rose a brow. the two men looked at each other and shrugged.

"maybe because the magic was still young. but since you all are the next generation of in-laws, it would make more sense."

this was alot of information to take in for (name). all she wanted to do was see her boyfriend, who was probably going to stay out for a while. the group stayed in the kitchen in silence, waiting for feather to come back.

after a while, feather came back, in one piece. "abuela's calling you, lily." lilian anxiously grabbed river's hand for assurance, then with all the courage she had, walked out to meet abuela alma.

(name) decided to take a nap, hopefully get a well's rest before she gets called out.

"(name)!" sól and mariano yelled out for the girl's name. (name) fell out of her seat, "jeez. could you guys be any more aggressive?" she furrowed her brows. the two mumbled an apology. "your up, chica." agustin gave his two thumbs up.

the (hair color) haired kept her cool down, though, she felt like screaming. as soon as she exited the kitchen she met abuela alma in the same seated spot. "(name)." she breathed. (name) took her seat across abuela alma.

"first question," she paused. "do you love my grandson?" (name)'s again kept her cool, thinking that anything could make abuela alma feel upset. "yes. i do love camilo, very much." abuela alma nodded.

"you didn't start dating just because you thought you would get a gift?" (name) furrowed her brows. "of course not." abuela alma nodded again.

"what do you think of sól?" abuela alma had her brows knitted together upon saying the name. (name) knew, that if she said that sól were a kind soul, she'd get her head chopped. but please, it's (name).

"i think sól is very kind and sweet." abuela alma slowly nodded with a hum. "i know how much of a good matchmaker you are. would you say you feel a gift currently coming in that involves that talent of yours?" (name) shook her head as a 'no.'

abuela alma cleared her throat. "do you think camilo would ask you for betrothal?" (name) bit her lip at the serious question. as much as she wanted camilo to, she was unsure if he would. "i-"

"what?!" isabela. isabela's voice was heard from casita's kitchen. abuela alma's eyes widened. "we must hurry." abuela alma spoke. (name) took abuela's hand and put it on her arm so they would move faster.

*·˚

(name) fidgeted in her seat. camilo tapped his foot on the ground with his arms crossed across his chest. it was like their second meeting, only, the roles were switched. "you obliged-?!" "do you think i would just run from abuela?!" she shot.

(name) had never yelled like that to camilo before. she just, couldn't stop thinking about the question abuela alma last asked. it kept echoing in her head, like a bad headache.

camilo's eyes widened. he then sighed heavily, "sorry." he spoke.