viii.

cover blown.
*·˚
"you didn't really like krystel did you?"
-

he heard someone gasp behind him. he felt his heart stop, turning his head. it was just isabela. "i knew it! krystel is literally my protogé! and you hate me!" she planted a smirk on her face.

"okay, okay, let me explain." camilo was circled by girls left and right, and not the good kind.

he let out a heavy sigh, "i didn't like krystel." he paused. but it seemed like they knew that part already. "don't worry, i didn't play her, she knew." he continued.

"the night we went out, krystel was willing to jump into the lake." mirabel snickered, "didn't think she would do that." she mumbled. "then acted as if i pushed her to (name). then i entered the scene."

the three girls stayed attentive with his story. "i know how worried (name) can get to her business, so i used it to my advantage. i told her that dolores would tell, and if we wouldn't move fast, she would run out of clients." dolores grew disappointed.

"so i told her we would fake date." camilo stared down at his shoes. his sister walked over to him, putting her hand on his shoulder. "but why? did you.. want to hurt her? what were you getting out of this?"

camilo laughed, "i would never hurt her. did you hear the part about how 'this girl doesn't notice me' when i asked her for advice meant for krystel?" dolores nodded. "i was talking about (name)." mirabel placed her hands over her mouth.

"you were nervous! camilo madrigal was nervous around a girl!" she teased, before cackling with isabela. dolores sushed them. "you chickened out before you could say her name." dolores breathed, before cackling with them.

camilo scoffed. "this is the reason why i didn't want to tell you guys." he rolled his eyes out of annoyance. "why don't you just ask her? this is (name) were talking about." isabela perked up. "yeah but," he groaned.

"she's the village cupid! imagine all the suitors she gets everyday! i needed to be creative." he crossed his arms infront of his chest. "real question is, how long do you plan to keep this act, huh, chico?" dolores smirked.

*·˚

camilo walked by mirabel's side. "just because you gave us an explanation, we're taking you too." she nudged the boy's shoulder. "you must really like her." mirabel wiggled her brows.

"the first girl to make camilo madrigal's legs feel like jelly." mirabel giggled. camilo gave the same nudge to mirabel. "she's a great person. i do really like her." he shrugged. mirabel fake teared. "quit it will you."

mirabel cackled. dolores was the first to knock on the (last name) house. (name)'s mamá opened the door with a smile. "the madrigal grandkids! come in, (name) will be down shortly."

inside of the house smelled like sugar and vanilla. "cupcakes anyone? it's my new recipe." the woman took a tray of vanilla cupcakes from the counter and placed it on the coffee table.

they obliged, giving a thank you. "these are delicious señora (last name)." mirabel said with her mouth full. isabela nudged her shoulder. luisa felt like melting away. "thank you girls. and camilo." she laughed.

camilo was so engrossed with the cupcake in his hand. they heard footsteps approaching. "má, did you see the necklace camilo got me?" she stopped herself as she saw the group of madrigals in her living room.

"um." (name) nervously chuckled. "i think it's just in your jewelry box, amor." (name)'s mamá grinned. (name) snapped her fingers. "i knew it!" she mumbled to herself. she ran back upstairs in a rush.

dolores shot a look at camilo. "you got her a necklace?" she whispered. he nodded, "it's in her favorite color." he shrugged his shoulders, giving a casual tone. dolores shared expressions with isabela.

"i am so alone." isabela mumbled.

the (hair color) haired girl walked her way down the stairs again. she waved, mirabel gave an enthusiastic wave back. isabela and dolores gave a soft wave and luisa smiled. camilo stayed silent, watching her dress swish as she turned from her stairs to them.

she sat by mirabel and took a cupcake, "where to?" she asked.

*·˚

encanto was beautiful in the night

encanto was beautiful in the night. as much as (name) liked the sun, the moon was just as bright and beautiful. the group decided to attend the first encanto's night market. it was distinctly different from the morning market, the night market had local businesses.

like for example, (name)'s mamá's baking business. but she didn't want to do her own booth that night, she already had so many orders on her plate.

(name) had lost the group, looking at a few jewelry pieces from señora octavia. "beautiful necklace, chica." she complimented. (name) let out a giggle, "thank you señora." (name) caressed a pretty yellow bracelet, kind of the color of a familiar ruana.

"how much por favor?" (name) asked. señora octavia pulled the bracelet out of it's case, "3,000 pesos. i'll give you a discount though, ten percent, as my first customer." that would make it 2,700 pesos.