vii.

celos, celos.
*·˚
she extended her hand for him to shake.
-

camilo watched the scene unfold from above. "i'm gonna go down now antonio." he alerted the little boy. valentina was too distracted by the view to hear camilo. "aw, but you just got here." camilo heard his tiny voice as he jumped down branch to branch.

once he landed on the ground, he saw the two still talking. he scoffed, walking his way there.

"yeah, i met krystal before but- oh hey cam." she greeted as she saw him with a deadpanned expression. a little confused, but she just shook it off. "this is vincent. vincent, this is camilo." vincent's jaw dropped.

"hola vincent." camilo waved. "you're a madrigal right?" vincent exclaimed. the curly-haired boy nodded with a faint smile. "what's it like?" vincent put his hands behind his back.

"uh well.. lots of babysitting." camilo let out a nervous laugh. "don't you shapeshift?" camilo was taken back of how much vincent knew about him. "you tell me." with that, camilo shifted into vincent, from his features and his clothes.

vincent let out a sharp exhale. "incredible." one that (name) also noticed was his foreign accent. meaning, he must've come a long way from encanto. (name) could her hear name yelled out by a certain animal speaker.

she turned her head above, antonio motioned (name) to join them.

"i'll be right back." (name) spoke before running and jumping up to the tree's top. seeing as (name) was out of sight.

vincent cleared his throat. "um, are you and (name).. a thing?" vincent was a really straightforward person, this shocked camilo.

camilo nervously tapped his foot on the ground. "it's, complicated." vincent hummed. "she's very sweet." he gawked over (name) who greeted antonio and valentina. "yeah, she is." camilo mumbled, looking over where his eyes were.

then it hit him. yet, he decided to keep it to himself. "vincent!" an old man's gruff voice cried out the brunette's name. must be his dad. camilo thought to himself. "i gotta go. tell (name) i said bye?"

camilo painted a smile, "sure." vincent waved his farewells, and so did camilo. but, knowing now that vincent had something for (name), his spines felt chills.

*·˚

whilst watching antonio and valentina say goodbye, camilo popped up the question he had been dying to ask. "what do you think of vincent?" camilo teased.

the girl blinked in confusion. "he's very nice. he's super intelligent, did you know he has a knack for machines?" (name) breathed, obviously entranced by vincent's abilities.

camilo bit his lip. "that's great." he said cheerless. he didn't have a talent for mechanics, or wavy brown hair. it made him upset to think about.

she glanced over her painted hands. "everything okay cam?" she placed her hand on his shoulder. the boy lifted his head up, "never better." like she bought that. but she gave him some space, but definitely going to ask him again later.

antonio yawned, placing his head on camilo's legs. it wasn't that late, but for a six year old, it was like midnight. camilo leaned and placed him on his back, giving him a piggy back. "you'll be okay going home by yourself?" camilo asked.

(name) gave a nod, "of course i will. do you doubt me so?" she asked in a smug tone, quoting someone vaguely familiar. camilo laughed, and without thinking, kissed her cheek.

(name) was bug-eyed. camilo blushed out of shock, it was like his body had a mind of it's own. "sorry, sorry." he stuttered over his words. "i-i'll see you tomorrow." he ran out of that situation so fast, flash would probably not see him either.

the girl remained silent, rubbing the cheek he had previously kissed. just two sixteen year olds head over heels over each other. (name) affectionately rolled her eyes as she watched the quick madrigal pass by encanto.

*·˚

days prior after the 'cheek-kiss' incident, mirabel asked (name) for a day out. as well as with camilo's other primas and his sister. this sent camilo to the moon.

"what do you mean i can't come?!" he exclaimed with a pout. mirabel was getting ready to pick up (name). "what you think it means, 'milo." he let out a loud groan. "stop being so clingy to (name)! we already know you two aren't actually a thing."

mirabel snickered. camilo was bug-eyed. "since.. since when?" he kept his stance. "since the night you brought her here. we heard you two talking, and how you're her fake boyfriend."

camilo had a tint of pink on his face. "and why didn't you guys say anything?" he nervously rubbed his arm. "there's a spark camilo. we wanted you two to realize that on your own. but we have to take matters on our own hands now." mirabel shrugged.

she was like an evil villain scheming. "we?" camilo rose a brow.

"dolores.." he mumbled. "won't say anything." like it was on cue, dolores entered the conversation. she wore a different casual dress, but her hair still in the red bow.

"i wasn't going to say anything in the first place. and you knew that. so why did you tell (name) to fake date?" damn. camilo thought to himself.

"you didn't really like krystel did you?"