xv.

mission trip.
*·˚
"no.. there's something she's hiding."
-

dolores and abuela alma had returned back before (name) did. they had unpleasant expressions on their faces. the rest of the madrigals grew curious, and worried.

"i have to tell them dolores." abuela alma turned to dolores. dolores faced her shoes, not daring to even make eye contact with anyone. "familia," she stood up again. "i'm leaving the encanto." gasps. so many small gasps around.

that's what (name) was keeping. camilo thought to himself. he wasted no time and ran back inside to look for her. "camilo!" pepa called out. felíx ushered pepa to give him some space. camilo was now facing the bathroom door. he knocked, "(nickname)?" he called.

it took her a while to say something. instead of saying anything though, she opened the bathroom door. "how long have you known?" camilo asked. "dolores told me last night. i really didn't want to keep it from you, but-" camilo stopped her.

he smiled, "it's okay." he took her hand and they walked together downstairs. abuela alma turned her head to the two. "have we officially met señorita cupid?" she spoke. (name) was speechless as to how friendly abuela alma seemed.

"not really.." she let out a chuckle. abuela alma embraced the girl. camilo's eyes widened, so did the rest of the family. (name) just the same, but she was definitely more shocked than they were. "welcome to the family." she let go.

(name) could feel the tears forming under her eyes. "thank you señora." she breathed. "with that said, were going on vacation, familia!"

"VACATION?!"

*·˚

a/n ; okay before i continue, i had such BAD writer's block so i'm going this route because i'm a sucker for fluff and holidays okay?

(name) ate dinner with her mamá, who was silent ever since she came home. "má?" (name) perked. her mamá raised her head from the soup, and looked at her daughter. "yes mi corazon?" she questioned.

"can i go with the madrigals on vacation?" her mamá spat her soup out. "wha- what? but where would you guys go? did camilo invite you?" (name) rubbed the back of her neck. "señora alma kind of did?" she smiled sheepishly.

her mamá dropped the spoon in her hand to the floor. as well as her jaw. "well where are you guys going to go?" (name) hummed, "probably still in colombia, maybe at señora alma's hometown?"

the (m's hair color) haired woman across her nodded. "okay.. i'll think about it." she bit her lip. (name) mentally let out a sigh. ever since they talked about vincent, their relationship had changed.

"má?" she asked again. her mamá perked, "si?" she replied with a raised brow. "i'm sorry." she breathed. her mamá sat in curiosity, "what ever for?" (name) mirrored her confused expression.

she put her spoon down. "well, i thought you were mad at me about not accepting vincent's date?" her mamá laughed. her eyes were glistening, "of course not! you're fifteen amor, you should be the one in charge of your love life." she smiled.

this brought (name) to absolute tears. "what? did i say something?" her mamá quickly stood up and grabbed tissues from the counter, to pass to her daughter.

(name) blew her nose. "it's just.. i thought you were mad at me." she continued in-between sobs. her mamá gave a sympathetic look. "ay chica, i'm sorry too if i seem that way." she gave a kiss on her forehead.

"now let's continue eating, so where is this place exactly?" she sat back down, ready to listen. "abuela's hometown has a beach má, i'd love to see it again." her mamá nodded.

*·˚

camilo sat on the edge of (name)'s bed. "so what'd she say?!" he asked excitedly. she pulled a seperate dusty luggage out of her closet. "she said yes!" she clapped her hands. camilo embraced her in a tight hug and spinned her around by the waist.

"our first trip out of encanto, and it's going to be with you!" he continued with a gleam in his eyes. "i know! how are we traveling anyway?" she tilted her head whilst asking. "they said we're taking a.. yipao?" he replied, more like a question.

(name) let out some 'oooh's' in awe. "when are we leaving?" she took some clothes she'll need out of her closet as well. "tomorrow sunrise. we don't want to hit something called traffic? i heard outside of encanto is more modernized or something."

(name) hummed. "yeah i mean, we might be the only place in colombia to be isolated out of the new world." she air-quoted. camilo playfully rolled his eyes before sitting back down. "so, should i bring two sundresses of just one?" she asked as her back faced him.

the curly-haired tried peeking at the closet, "it's pretty hot there. maybe a little hotter." he shrugged. "two sundresses it is." he snickered. "you should see isabela's luggage." camilo teased with a smirk. "more like luggag-es."

his novia continued to be engrossed into picking out her stuff, she hardly heard him. camilo bit his lip, "(name) i have a question." she turned her head. "sure, what's up?" she stopped her tracks and sat beside him.

"how does this make you feel?" he asked. (name) gave a confused expression. "how does what make me feel?" she replied with a question. "um, us?" he sheepishly rubbed his arm. (name) slightly giggled. "camilo," she paused and criss-crossed. "i wouldn't have it any other way. i'm going outside of the encanto with you! with your family." she kissed his cheek.

she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "what makes you so worried?" she asked him again. camilo sighed. "i don't know, i'm just, i love you." he smiled.