s2, viii.

cupid 2.0
*·˚
a/n ; BAHA i mixed up iv and vi woops
slow updates!
-

"el pueblo, we have ourselves
a real cupid."

"hip, hip, hooray!"

the two girls walked, their hands together

the two girls walked, their hands together. (name) met abuela alma's eyes, her hands embracing the miracle candle. (name) could easily feel the tension in sól's hand. "everything will be okay, hermana." (name) whispered.

sól smiled, she finally felt much more calm and sure of herself. carlos watched as sól grew to loosen up. it made his heart flutter to see her in this state. camilo shot a playful wink at (name).

the (hair color) haired affectionately rolled her eyes, continuing her pace towards abuela.

it wasn't your usual madrigal gift ceremony, no - the two girls instead of being at the top of the stairs and getting a door, got a portrait instead that hanged on the casita wall, and the ceremony was held in the middle of the stairs.

everybody was there. the whole madrigal family, the in-laws, (name)'s mamá, and everybody else who lived in the village. (name) stood by abuela alma's right, and sól stood by her left.

"we are gathered here today for the gift ceremony of both my granddaughter-in-laws. who have been betrothed recently." it seemed that almost everybody wasn't too bothered about it. not what sól and (name) had expected.

the room stayed silent, "sól, we'll start with you first."

"sólace venañuela, will you use your gift.. to honor our miracle? will you serve this community, and strengthen our home?" abuela alma extended the candle for her to hold. sól closed her eyes for a split second and exhaled sharply.

"i will." she held the candle, a flurry of yellow light had erupted out of thin air, and the stars twinkled brighter than it had seemed before. abuela alma and sól watched the picture fade into sól figured silhouette, almost like the same one's on each madrigal family's member's door.

stars had decorated her surroundings, and sól had a pleasant look on her face, her hands laying on her chest. sól beamed, she turned her head to (name) who (name) gasped excitedly, "oh my goodness sól."

the girl mumbled to her. "we have a gift!" abuela alma exclaimed, and cheers had echoed across casita. carlos whilsted a loud tune, immediately clapping his hands after. sól felt incredibly emotional. abuela alma cleared her throat, which caused a silence.

it was (name)'s turn. (name) audibly gulped, she didn't know how anxious this would make her.

"(name) (last name), will you use your gift.. to honor our miracle? will you serve this community, and strengthen our home?" abuela alma extended the candle once more to (name).

"yes. i will." she spoke, holding the candle. the same bundle of flurry erupted. (name)'s eyes had turned pink again, but a much brighter pink. sól's jaw dropped in amazement. everybody turned their heads to the next portrait on the wall, and had faded into a figure of (name).

(name) had a wide smile on her face, and had one of her hands behind her back, the other, in the movement of tucking a strand of hair. there were hearts surrounding her, and cupid's bow at the top of her head.

"el pueblo, we have ourselves a real cupid." the town rejoined for the two new gifts. camilo cheered loudly, along with his twin brother.

"let's par-tay!" pepa yelled with a glass in her hand. the crowd cheered louder as music played and everybody had started dancing.

*·˚

encanto's cupid had grew thirsty over chatting with townsfolk and dancing, so she went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. which seemed to be absent at the drinks table at the party. all that stood there were adult drinks and some fruit punch.

if she was going to drink another glass of fruit punch she felt like she was going to throw up.

her eyes met with familiar hazel ones. camilo, leaned against the kitchen counter under the moonlight. ( mans probably looked like a lana del rey song ) she smiled to herself, though camilo didn't seem to notice her presence.

"hey hermoso." she grabbed a glass and filled it with water. camilo chuckled, "i've been wanting to talk to you." he grabbed her by the waist and kissed her cheek. "hows the party?" he asked with a smile.

she took a sip, "fine, i guess. i just want to go to bed." she blinked softly. camilo laughed, they both did. "i know, me too." he dramatically laid on the counter with his head buried in his hands.

"how does it feel to be cupid?" he gasped before (name) could continue. (name) shot awake from that sudden gasp. "my girlfriend's the cupid! like actual cupid. yet, i still don't know how your gift works." he steamed down.

(name) giggled, tucking a strand of hair from her face. "me neither, all i know is that my eyes turn pink or something!" she sighed. "it's pretty." camilo smiled, sitting up. "you're so cheesy." she lightly pinched his nose.

camilo rubbed his nose and scrunched. "but thank you, 'milo." she kissed it before taking his hand and going back to the party.