s2, xi.

planning.
*·˚
happy 1k!! 🎊
-

"why are you whispering
it like it's a huge secret?"

"because it'll ruin my
cold-hearted twin reputation."

camilo watched as (name) trimmed and watered carnations by the lake

camilo watched as (name) trimmed and watered carnations by the lake. she looked like an absolute angel. she laughed and shared stories with krystel.

"hey lover boy." carlos nudged his shoulder. sól stayed close, but got distracted by the farm goats not that far away. "hey." camilo kept his stare on her. "why not take a picture? it lasts longer." carlos teased, but camilo was unbothered.

carlos sighed, slinging his arm around his shoulders. "kristo told me." camilo gained consciousness, "what?" he cocked a brow. "that you're crushing on (name)." camilo chuckled.

"i am not crushing on my girlfriend." he shook his head. "then why you dating her?" carlos raised both his brows as he folded his arms. damn. he got him there. "well-"

"shh.. sh, were here to help hermano." sól gave a playful wink, placing her hands on her hips. "i don't really blame you having a crush on (name), my sister-in-law is pretty great." sól shrugged her shoulders.

carlos poked her cheek. "you're a tease."

"i learned it from the best." camilo teasingly gagged, averting his gaze back to (name). "it happened to me, too." carlos spoke. camilo scoffed, "really? you? the twin with no feelings?"

carlos knitted his brows. "is that what everybody's been calling me since i've been gone?" sól snickered. "hey, don't be laughing." he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

the curly-haired younger twin sighed deeply. "anyway, the week after i asked sól for betrothal i felt.. way more nervous around her. like nervous, nervous." camilo listened.

"you know what i did?" carlos motioned camilo to come closer. camilo leaned his ear, "i serenaded her." sól affectionately rolled her eyes. "why are you whispering it like it's a huge secret?"

"because it'll ruin my cold-hearted twin reputation." carlos dramatically turned his hands into fists and put it on his heart. krystel walked first towards the group, "what is going on?" she rested her basket on the ground.

krystel gasped, "is this about camilo's crush on (name)?" camilo's jaw agape. "how many people did kristo tell?" he scoffed in disbelief. "seems like everyone besides (name). the girl has no clue." krystel laughed.

krystel gave a hand to sól, "it's nice to meet you sól. i've heard stories of the girl who brought the curse to the madrigal family." sól nodded, the nickname grew on her.

"charmed." sól battened her eyes. the two girls shared a laugh. "now what's the plan?" krystel asked. carlos and sól shared a teasing look, then the rest looked at camilo. camilo totally confused and scared, knitted his brows together.

"what? what are you planning?"

*·˚

(name) wiped the sweat off her neck. "what a long first day." she spoke to herself. she was walking back home after all her chores had been finished and her visit to mirabel.

"hi (name)!" the kids greeted. "hey kiddos." she waved back, trembling a smile. "where's camilo?" she kneeled down their level, "busy doing chores." she shrugged. "do you miss him?" one of the girls, alejandra asked.

the kids stood closer eager to hear an answer. "yes i do. i haven't seen him all day." (name) chuckled. the group of kids squealed. it made (name) laugh harder. "are you guys going to get married?" she asked again.

(name)'s eyes widened, "uh well.. yes?" she tilted her head. they jumped up and down. "okay! bye (name)!" they bid their farewells to play some sports or something.

the (hair color) haired snickered, continuing her walk towards her house.

"no i don't care!" andrea, a townsfolk close to (name)'s age yelled at vincent. vincent, who was also in the past season, found a someone pretty quickly after (name)'s rejection. it made (name) to see vincent happy, but.. it didn't seem like they were happy now.

maybe i could use my gift? (name) thought to herself. she stood by a corner, and focused on her gift. she thought of her family, her friends, camilo. - same procedure, in short.

her eyes had turned pink again, and the couple held each other and talked. they looked much more calm. and when (name) had snapped out of it, they were as happy as ever, not noticing what had happened between them. or what (name) had done to them.

"woah." (name) breathed. "cool." she smiled.

*·˚

after coming home and absolutely devouring the cookies, she laid back on her bed and just.. stared at her ceiling. just being hit with the realization that, she had a gift. and was dating a madrigal. more than a year ago today, she was just a town girl, who had a matchmaking business.

then she heard the strumming of a guitar.