x.

rejection.
*·˚
"he, he asked me out."
-

the two strolled their way back to the parlor shop. (name) felt an ounce of shame, she literally left him in question to run after camilo. well, ounce of shame was an understatement. she felt a whole cup of shame.

camilo walked by her, stealing a few glances at her and the bracelet wrapped around his wrist. "just be honest with me (name), do you want to go out with him?" he stopped his tracks and took her arm. she bit her lip.

"i don't know.. it's all so fast." camilo hummed. "i mean, vincent's a nice guy and all, but, i feel like i'm stuck. plus, aren't we still fake dating?" she fidgeted with her hands. when it was with camilo, when he asked to fake date, that wasn't much of a problem.

since, she didn't have anyone she liked holding her back. in this situation, it was a madrigal shapeshifter. she heard her name call out by the mechanic. he was waving, he was unbothered.

it made (name) go crazy. she painted a sheepish smile on her face and waved, as well did camilo. "here goes nothing." (name) mumbled before walking faster to vincent. "hi vince." she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

hoping that he wouldn't bring the question up again, she tapped her foot on the ground. "hey. so, about my question.." he side-grinned. damnit. she turned her head back to camilo.

he gave her a reassuring thumbs up. she let out a sharp exhale. "you're.. amazing vince, but," like it was instinct, and her mouth had a mind of its own, "i'm dating camilo."

i mean, it was partly true. they were fake dating. "oh." vince said blankly. he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "yeah.." (name) winced. camilo was so unaware of what was happening, he was looking at some other booths.

yet, still staying close to the two. "yeah, yeah," he cleared his throat. "that's understandable." his eyes were glossy. god (name) felt terrible. "i'm sorry." she blurted. "no, don't apologize, i should be the one sorry, i should've known." he laughed.

"what do you mean?" (name) gave a puzzled expression. "oh well, camilo looks at you like you're his world or something." (name) flushed a light pink. "really?" she asked before she took another glance at camilo.

"mhm." vincent hummed. "thanks for understanding." she smiled. "eh, you don't have to thank me." he shrugged. "i'll see you later?" she waved. "yeah." he waved back. once her back faced him, vincent's face dropped.

she called after camilo. "oh, how did it go?" he asked. (name) smiled, then looked over the bracelet on his wrist. "goodness, it suits you so well." she raised his hand to inspect it. camilo stifled a laugh, "a dulce niña gave it to me." he shrugged.

she nudged his shoulder playfully. "whatever." she giggled. "he took it pretty well." (name) came back to his question. the curly-haired nodded, then lifted his head to peek at vincent.

though, he was not at the parlor shop anymore. "it's getting late, let me take you home." (name) clinged his arm around his. "you're just clingy." she shot back. camilo gasped dramatically. "you're one to talk!" they laughed together.

in that moment, (name) felt her heart sink, despite their laughs. by the time they stop their act, would all this stop too? will they just be strangers again? will camilo just be one of her clients again?

*·˚

after a thousand goodbyes exchanged between the two, (name) had finally took her rest on the couch. she jumped, surprised to see her mamá sat on the dining table. how come she didn't see her before?

her mamá was having a midnight snack, totally half-asleep. "má, you scared me." (name) let out a laugh. "sorry honey. was that camilo?" she teased, taking another bite. (name) rolled her eyes playfully. "har, har." she said.

her mamá gulped. "so.. vincent's father told me what happened." (name) rose a brow, gasping upon realizing. "vincent told his father to tell you?" how desperate is this guy?

she nodded. "why not date him instead mija?" (name)'s eyes widened. "why would you say that?" she stood up abruptly. "vincent's mother is a good friend of mine. she helped me go through your papá's death. well, when we lived back in our hometown."

(name) scoffed. "don't act that way, (name). it was just a suggestion." (name) continued to keep her attitude. "well, i'm not just going to be with someone i don't love." she crossed her arms over her chest.

(name)'s mamá face shifted. "i'm really tired so," she let out a sharp exhale. "i'm gonna go to bed." (name) rubbed her forehead as she climbed her way upstairs.

she sat on the edge of her bed. but she didn't feel sleepy, not at all. i mean, after the adrenaline rush she's had all night after vincent's confession, she just felt like her heart wouldn't stop beating.

she heard grunting by her window. she hummed, taking her hairbrush as a weapon. she sneakily tiptoed her way to her window, "aha!" she raised the brush in her hand.

"wait!" camilo exclaimed in a whisper. "cam?!" she whisper-yelled back. she hurriedly took his hand that was previously on the window frame and helped him inside. "what are you doing? clingy much?" (name) laughed. camilo let out a light chuckle.

camilo tried catching his breath, "i.. didn't leave right away." (name)'s eyes widened. "that means.. you heard everything?" she bit her lip. he nodded hesitantly.

one thing thag camilo noticed was the way (name)'s eyes shone under the moon, like pools of water. she buried her face in her hands. "what am i going to do.." she mumbled. camilo took her hand. "i got you." he nudged her shoulder.

(name) lifted her head, her face was wet from crying. "thanks." she put her head on his shoulder. "but seriously, what am i going to do?"