ii.

little miss crushes on those she can't have.
*·˚
camilo? a girl not noticing him? it had to be a dream.
-

"i see." (name) perked up after realizing camilo had finished talking. "do i know this girl?" camilo rubbed the back of his neck. "her name's krystel. señor koa's daughter." (name)'s lips curved into an 'o.'

krystel was known for her soft-spoken attitude, as well as her ability to cook amazing foods. well, after julietta. not only that, but her charming good looks, like her straight black hair and petite figure.

(name) hummed. "yeah, i know her, she's very sweet." she let out a giggle. "have you tried talking to her?" she paused before asking. camilo took a while to answer. "no, i'm too shy."

this really must be a dream. camilo? shy?

(name) hated to admit it, but she thought it was funny seeing the madrigal's cocky shapeshifter act nervous around a girl. "tell you what, i can set you two up if you'd like." she twinkled. camilo lit up, "that'd be great! thank you, (name)." with that, he left.

the girl didn't know why, but whatever he said, it made her chest tighten. like her lungs were incapable of functioning. "next!" she called out, her voice broke. sort of like her heart did.

*·˚

the next day, (name) walked her way to the fisherman's hut. where señor koa, his wife, and a certain daughter of his lived. she knocked on the door.

meeting the face of the fisherman, "señorita (name)! what brings you here?" he had a very warm laugh. (name) mirrored his laugh. "i'm looking for krystel?" señor koa hummed. he called the name of the black-haired girl. "oh, hi (name)!" she greeted.

seeing as to why camilo had a crush on her, (name) curved her lips into a smile. "hola krystel. can we talk?" krystel was as elegant as a swan. she had the same aura as isabela did. "of course. i'll be back in a while, dad." she said her goodbyes before closing the door behind her.

they agreed to talk in encanto's library. since they both had books they wanted to return. "what is it you wanted to talk about?" krystel placed her books on the counter. "well," (name) paused. she could literally sabotage this situation to get what she wanted.

but she's not that type of person. "a little birdie told me a madrigal has been fancying you." (name) giggled. krystel blushed. "oh, i feel like i know who this person is." she said in a mumble and a giddy smile.

"camilo. he came to me yesterday morning, he wants to take you out, doll." she gave a friendly wink. "doll?" krystel turned much more red the nickname. confused (name), nodded. "do you want to?" she asked. krystel thought in her head, rubbing her chin.

krystel looked up, locking eyes with the matchmaker. "tell him i said yes. and to meet me by the lake tonight." (name) nodded. "you have my word."

"what about you (name)? being encanto's matchmaker wouldn't you have a special someone?" krystal teased, grabbing some new books. (name) placed the ones she had previously borrowed on the same counter.

she bit her lip, "not really.." she nervously laughed. "as much as i'm a good help for others in love, it doesn't work well when it comes to me." krystel hummed. "sorry, is this a tough subject?" the black-haired patted the other girl's shoulder.

(name) curved her lips into a smile. "no, it's okay, really." she shrugged. now to tell camilo she's got a date for him.

*·˚

the clock read 9:02 pm. (name) sat on her desk, sketching some of a few moments she cherished that day. like the talk with krystel, and her favorite chocolate finally coming back in stock.

she got back from casita that afternoon, previously telling camilo about his date with krystel. she listened to some songs on the radio while doing so. her mamá was fast asleep from delivering orders.

all she could hear was the music and her pencil against the piece of paper. yet, she could hear knocking. who could be knocking on their door this late? she ran as fast as she could downstairs, and opened the door.

"krystel?!" she gasped upon seeing the girl incredibly drenched. krystel was as red as tomato, either from embarrassment or anger. she flipped her hair away from her face, "tell camilo, to never speak to me again."