𖥻 01

a loud clang is heard, then all eyes are on you and your best friend seishiro. actually, it wasn't intentional, you didn't want to slam your locker like that, but with the words that left his mouth before, you just couldn't help yourself.

"are you crazy?," you hiss and slap him on the back of the head. he, on the other hand, just grins at you in amusement and grabs your wrist when you want to slap him on the back of the head again. "and why are you just telling me now that you've been going to illegal car races at night for three months?"

you've known him for a while, you've been best friends since fifth grade, have been inseparable ever since, and usually don't have any secrets from each other.

although you kind of thought that seishiro was a different person at night; a good boy during the day, someone who likes illegal things at night.

"because i knew exactly how you'd react when i told you," he rolls his eyes in mock annoyance before shouldering his backpack and making his way to your class.

luckily, you have the first lesson together, so you can continue to question him and try to convince him that it's not good and that you're definitely not going with him.

sadly you forget that he's a pro at convincing someone to do something. "what now? are you coming or not?" he asks you again when your teacher has briefly stepped out of class to have a talk with the well-known school clown meguru.

from outside, you can hear old mr. park's shouting and meguru's loud laughter.

if seishiro hadn't asked you this absurd question, you would certainly have been upset about meguru's behavior.

typical of you, too good for the world.

"are you stupid? of course not! and even if i were, my parents would kill me if they found out," you exhale and look at the board, fascinated, writing down more notes and your best friend. you can clearly feel his gaze on you, the gaze that is supposed to soften you and unfortunately always does.

"i'll pick you up at 10 p.m. tell your parents you're sleeping at my place. they'll let you anyway, it's friday night."

[...]

"i hate you for this," you mutter for what feels like the thousandth time as you sit in seishiro's car, which drives through the streets of tokyo until you get closer and closer to the outskirts of the city.

hardly any cars come your way, far and wide there are only abandoned skyscrapers and factories, as well as fields and meadows - of course an old road that leads into this place.

perfect for such car races.

you feel quite queasy when you park next to a few more cars, can already hear the loud music, the loud engines of tuned cars and the voices of several people, even though you haven't even gotten out of the car yet.

"y/n, don't worry. i'm here and the people here are almost all nice," seishiro can only reassure you a little.

but he's right - as long as you're with him, nothing can happen to you, because he will do anything to protect you.

a characteristic he's developed over the years.

you can't find the right words, so you just nod and follow him, who gets out. immediately running to his side, he leads you closer into the crowd. most of them hold red plastic cups in their hands, probably with alcohol, and it stinks of weed everywhere.

your face twists in disgust when someone blows the smoke of his blunt directly into your face.

afterwards, a cheeky grin plays around his lips.

"wait here for a moment," your best friend whispers into your ear and then disappears, leaving you alone in the middle of the crowd.

the guy with the smile notices this and pushes himself off the hood of his car, still with the same crooked grin, which is now a bit wider, he approaches you.

you have to say, he's certainly not ugly, but you don't like his behavior at all. "well sweetie? do you want to take a drag?" he holds out his half-smoked blunt, but you shrug it off and shake your head vigorously.

even for 1 million yen you wouldn't even take a drag, never.

"you seem to be new here, huh? you're still a prude, but believe me, that will change with time," he simply puts his arm around your shoulders and pulls you back to his car, then leans against the hood again, so that you are forced to do the same.

"today is the first and last time," you mumble and look for your best friend, but he is nowhere to be seen, will definitely hear from you.

first he begs you to come along and then he leaves you alone, even though you didn't feel like it from the beginning.

"who's that, yoichi?" suddenly comes someone else.

you can't take your eyes off him - his black hair, his green eyes with pretty eyelashes; he is incredibly handsome. his features are defined, his lips are full and look indescribably soft, almost making you want to feel them, to taste him.

quickly you shake your head, not wanting to have such thoughts.

this guy will be just like that yoichi, whose arm still lies heavily on your shoulders and has unnoticed pulled you even closer to his body.

"bro, i have no idea. it's her first time here," yoichi replies, then turns his head down to you and eyes you with a grin. "what's your name again, sweetie?"

you look at him silently, your brain is racing and you really have no idea what to say.

should you tell your name to a stranger or should you make something up?

"y/n?" someone suddenly calls and you immediately stand up. following the voice, you run right into your best friend, who immediately puts his hands on your upper arms.

he looks at you carefully, probably searching for any injuries. he sighs in relief when he doesn't discover anything, his gaze slides to yoichi and the attractive other and his eyes narrow a bit.

"so she's cute, isn't she?" yoichi asks his buddy rin, who shrugs his shoulders in disinterest and unlocks his car the next moment.

the car doesn't belong to yoichi, but to rin, who now has to win a race.