𖥻 10

it's like a dream to wake up next to someone you love. no one has ever made you feel so loved before and rin does it with a single look, a single smile, a single touch.

after you made out in the car for a while yesterday, you went to his apartment, which is small but incredibly cozy.

right away, he gently led you to his room and gave you one of his black t-shirts for the night. even though he said he could sleep on the sofa, you denied it.

after this emotional evening, you needed his closeness like never before. rin is still asleep, his light snoring awakens the otherwise completely silent room.

through the gray curtains, which were not completely closed, the sun shines, especially on his skin. even with tousled hair and some drool on his mouth, he looks incredibly handsome — a side of him you've never seen before, so peaceful and carefree.

your neck feels dry, you quickly realize you're incredibly thirsty.

when you entered the apartment, you could see the kitchen directly to the left of the front door, so you carefully get up to look for it.

rin probably won't mind if you get something to drink, but as soon as you leave his room, you pause in every movement.

confused, you listen more closely and realize that you have not misheard — someone is humming. a girl, to be more precise. your heart begins to beat a little faster, your thoughts pile up, of course most of them are negative.

nevertheless, you continue to walk cautiously, are desperate to know who she is and what her relationship is with rin. you don't want to jump to conclusions, but you simply have to know.

what if she's his girlfriend?

what if he's been using you and lying to you all along?

no, that can't be. he wouldn't do something like that. wouldn't he?

without realizing it, with your head in your thoughts, you suddenly stand in the kitchen and see a black-haired girl you know from somewhere. she's just wearing a long black t-shirt, like you.

it could even be one of rin, a little stab in your heart at the thought.

"what the-" the stranger notices you, dropping the spatula on the floor in shock.

now that you can really see her face, you recognize her. she's the girl waving the flag at the car race. you immediately remember a scenario where she fell into rin's arms when he won the race, where you were even there.

another stab.

"wait a minute," joy spreads across her face "you must be y/n!" she runs up to you, pulling you into a friendly hug.

you're too overwhelmed to hug her back, still not quite understanding what's going on.

plus, you're still not clear who she is. but she certainly wouldn't react like that if rin were her boyfriend, so you're somewhat reassured.

"y/n?," you hear rin's raspy morning voice as he sleepily steps into the kitchen. quickly but realizing, his eyes widen and he stumbles over his words. "this is not what it looks like. this is tsukiko, she's my cousin. she lives here with me and my brother sae"

tsukiko starts laughing behind you, never having seen her cousin like this before. you seem to really mean something to him, and she's happy that he found someone like that.

"it's okay," you smile, and then, as if you were used to it, you walk over to the glass cabinet where the glasses are, pour yourself some water.

rin watches this with a soft smile on his lips. his gaze glides over your form, you look incredibly cute in his t-shirt — he could actually get used to this.

[...]

"where are we going?" you ask, confused, when you don't head towards the race track like you thought you would.

since it's sunday, hardly any stores are open, so you're even more confused when you park in a parking garage and start walking through the city.

despite the fact that it's sunday and the weather isn't the best, quite a few people are walking around on the streets.

"i want to introduce you to someone," rin smiles, trying to hide how nervous he is, even though you can clearly see it. but you leave it at that, are just curious to see who he wants to introduce you to.

maybe his brother?

rin, on the other hand, bites his lip, slowly doubting his idea. suddenly he's afraid that the time isn't right yet, that it's still too early.

"here it is," now you have already come to a stop in front of a house.

a simple apartment building in the city above a small japanese restaurant. rin hesitantly grabs your hand, wraps it around yours before he enters with you and you two run up to the second floor together.

softly you smile at the green haired, who forces a smile onto his lips and then knocks on the door. it only takes a few seconds before the door is opened by an older man.

at the sight of rin, he begins to grin broadly and immediately pulls him into a hug. "hi dad," he returns the hug.

your eyes widen — you would have expected anything, but not that rin would want to introduce you to his father. you're even happier, because he seems to feel the same way about you.

"and who are you?" his father asks, letting you both into his apartment and even taking your jacket.

you open your mouth to answer until rin answers for you. his answer almost makes your heart explode and your stomach tingle.

"this is y/n, my girlfriend."