𖥻 05

"you should take me home," you snap at rin, who has literally dragged you out of the car and is now sitting across from you.

he grins at you and shrugs his shoulders in disinterest - he's hungry and this diner is really the best, plus he hasn't been here in a while.

"you'll thank me," he says, and then turns to the waitress, who is riding through the rows on pink roller skates, taking orders and serving.

her style reminds you of the 60s, the hippie era, just like the entire diner, which is decorated in various retro things and bright colors. the atmosphere is not oppressive in the least, you're immediately in a good mood, never knew japan had something like that.

"we'd like two strawberry milkshakes, with extra cream, and a cheeseburger each," rin orders, then looks at you to make sure and is relieved to see you nod.

it would have been pretty awkward now if you had said anything against the order. the waitress writes everything down on her little notepad before she rolls away.

"hmm, you have good taste," you smile as you take a bite of the cheeseburger and also try the milkshake.

normally you don't eat things like that, because your parents are very careful about the food and it can't be too greasy and high in calories. but they also don't know how many times you've gone to mcdonald's with seishiro at three in the morning just to eat your fill.

"you said you wanted to get to know me," rin speaks with his mouth full, completely twisting your words from the car.

actually, you don't want to have anything to do with him and you don't want to get to know him, but on the other hand, you would like to learn more about the typical badboy and actually, you don't find his presence all that bad.

"to be honest, there's not much i could say or that would put me in a better light." he admits and looks at the ceiling, thinks about what he could say, how he could say it, in order not to scare you away.

strangely enough, he also wants to get to know you better, which he never wanted to do with a girl - he just wasn't interested, but you're different.

the fact alone that he's sitting with you in his favorite diner in tokyo, eating cheesburgers and drinking milkshakes, is new to him.

"i didn't graduate from high school very well, and i'm not very talented in any other way, except probably in car racing and flirting with girls."

rolling your eyes, you take another sip from your milkshake and stifle your smile when rin starts laughing and somehow you feel comfortable with him; as if you don't have to pretend, don't have to be perfect all the time.

"my parents are pretty strict and would surely forbid me to have contact with you if they saw you." you mumble and look into rin's beautiful eyes, in which you seem to lose yourself.

he suddenly becomes serious and leans forward a bit, until your lips are only a few centimeters apart. "they don't have to know," he breathes, before his lips touch yours.

shocked, you open your eyes as he begins to suck on your lower lip. you can't react, nor return the kiss, when rin has already leaned back again. licking his lips he has a small grin on his face. he looks at you intimately and has to refrain from laughing when he notices your big eyes. "you had a little cream there," he explains the kiss, even though he knows inside that this is just a cheap excuse and that he just wanted to kiss you.

your lips already seem to be like a drug for him, even though he's only been able to taste them a few times.

but now he knows that he won't let you go so easily. 

"thank you for taking me one street over," you murmur as rin brings the car to a stop and turns to face you an hour later. now it's already dark outside and the stars adorn the open sky. come to think of it, you don't want to go home yet, but would rather drive through the night with rin until the sun rises again on the horizon and lights up the earth, the moon receding and taking all the twinkling stars and darkness with it.

"no problem," he winks at you and looks briefly at your lips. you both feel the desire to seal your lips, but neither of you does it. you don't do it because you don't dare, and rin because he still believes that you don't want him as much as he wants you.

but he won't give up quickly, he's far too stubborn for that. "but you have to give me your number. then it's fair,"

you pause in your movement, were just about to get off.

shocked, you turn your head in his direction and have no idea what to say or do. "i want to be able to write to you so that you can come to the next race. as a personal lucky charm."

still shocked, you open the door and get out. without another word, you close it again before bracing yourself against the open window with your arms.

"i'm not going to make it that easy for you," you laugh, and now you're the one winking at him with a cheeky smile on your face.

pressing your tongue to his cheek, he nods and grins to himself - you really are something else, and he loves it.

"and thanks again for the day. it's been nice, hasn't it?" you walk around the car, leaning down to rin and pressing your lips to his soft cheek. holding out your arm, you reach for his phone and enter your number after all.

you've changed your mind, afraid that he might forget you. after all, you can't know how much he actually desires you. with a big smile, you walk the last few meters home, ready to listen to a standing ovation from your parents, even if you don't listen to them.

because your thoughts are with rin every second.