𖥻 15

examined your parents look at each other, then they look around the room, which looks like a battlefield.

they have never seen you so angry + disappointed and it does something to them they have never felt before.

guilt.

the realization of not having been such good parents makes their heart beat heavy in their chest. choices they made they regret and realize that all they ever wanted was for you to be perfect. and not happy.

something must be changed, or is it perhaps already too late?

"we always wanted the best for her, but we didn't realize how unhappy she was," your mother murmurs, tears forming in her eyes but not rolling out. it's been a long time since she's cried. perhaps far too long. even your father, who always looks so serious and stricken, always has that wrinkle on his forehead, looks sad.

they have really failed.

"i think she really loves this boy. and maybe he's not as bad as we thought," your father thinks, has already decided inside that he wants you to date rin.

if he is what makes you happy, then he will let you.

"as long as nothing happens to her, it should be fine."

[...]

"long time no see, sweetie," yoichi greets you with a cheeky grin, as if he could guess what happened. or rin had told him about the meetings with your parents. "i'm glad you got here in time. this race is worth a lot," he rubs his thumb against his fingers to make it clear that a lot of money is involved.

rin also smiles and leans against the hood of his car, in which you're about to ride in the race as well. he flits his gaze over the many people, scanning them hairily, until his gaze lingers on one guy and he squints his eyes.

throwing his arm around your shoulders he pulls you closer to him in a firm but gentle manner. "see that guy over there?" he murmurs in your ear.

you nod in response, keeping your eyes on the guy who looks rather arrogant and has several women clinging to his body.

disgusted, you screw up your face as he gropes them, making them laugh.

cheap.

"we're going to take the money out of this fucker's pockets today." grinning, you turn your head in his direction so that your lips almost graze each other.

rin's scent gets into your nose and befuddles your senses. you could smell his scent, feel his warmth for hours — he really feels like home.

you've already pushed away the thoughts of your parents and what happened.

just only with his help, because together you will get through everything.

"what makes you so sure that you will win?" you ask teasingly, even though you already know the answer to your question.

rin has already told you a few times, it always sparks a tingle in your stomach when he calls you that.

jerkily, he positions you so that you're sitting on the hood and he's standing between your legs. his big hands are on your thighs, his forehead is against yours. "because i have my very own lucky charm with me," he finally presses his lips to yours.

you realize only now how much you missed his lips, after those few days when you were apart because of you. suddenly you feel the need to apologize to him for your words, but as if he could read your mind and sense your change of mood, he gently shakes his head.

"it's okay. we're not looking back. just forward," he presses a kiss to your forehead before lifting you off the hood pointing the way to the passenger door.

it's time.

the race is about to begin.

your heart beats fast in your chest, pumping adrenaline through your veins. it's all the more exciting that rin is racing against someone so respected and experienced.

"chigiri hyouma, good to see you." falsely, rin looks out the window at the poison red car parked next to you. inside sits none other than the guy rin showed you earlier.

spitefully & victoriously he grins, apparently thinks very highly of himself.

rings flash on each of his fingers and sunglasses sit low on his nose. "cut the crap, rin. think about how you're going to give me 2 million yen," the so-called hyouma adjusts his sunglasses, pressing the accelerator to make his engine roar.

rin does the same, puts his left hand on the steering wheel, the other on the gearshift. smiling, you watch tsukiko strut into the middle of the starting line, can just feel how much she loves these car races.

every time it's something special for her to hold the flag in her hands and give the start signal.

arriving in the middle, she looks at both drivers, giving her cousin an encouraging smile. she elegantly raises the flag in the air, but she won't get to wave it down this evening.

suddenly, her eyes go bullet-shaped before she also starts screaming something. something that makes your blood run cold.

which will finally destroy everything that could have been good again. "the cops!"