𖥻 08

"seishiro" you mumble when he doesn't even look at you, just stares at the street in front of him.

after you had celebrated with rin, he came up to you, dragged you to his car without another word.

you should have known that seishiro won't be thrilled about it, especially because he doesn't know anything about rin and you.

right..

rin and you.

what's going on between you two?

your stomach always tingles when he looks at you, touches you, or says something that boggles your mind.

the realization that he wanted to contact you but couldn't, made you feel a lot better. the thought that he was totally desperate when he couldn't, makes you smile.

however, the amorous smile quickly vanishes when you see your best friend come to a stop with a somewhat sharp brake in front of a traffic light that is turning red at that moment.

his posture is tense, his cold facial expression reminds you that you still have a lot to tell him, which he should have found out long ago.

after all, he is your best friend and you promised to always tell each other everything, he probably won't be mad at you when you fall in love.

"please don't ignore me," you beg him and hear a sigh before he hits the gas. he gives you a little sideways glance and that's enough for you to realize that he's listening to you.

when he's angry or disappointed, he doesn't talk, but listens to you.

you don't know where to start or what to even say — it's hard to explain, are you even in love with rin?

"i think i really do like rin," you mumble, looking down at your hands, which are resting ok your lap, nervously playing with each other.

seishiro's lack of reaction unnerves you, you don't dare look at his face. you really couldn't bear to have a fight with him.

and if you had to choose, you would choose your best friend without hesitation. he has been there for you for years, for better or for worse, and has saved you in every conceivable way.

"i don't think this is the second time you've seen him, is it? you've probably met before," he thinks logically again, takes another step.

of course you would have told him that you've already met rin, but can a single meeting really make you fall in love?

skillfully you suppress the question of whether rin even feels the same.

"are you mad?" you ask cautiously, after confirming that you have met rin, how it came about in the first place.

"i'm not mad. at the end of the day, you get to decide who you want to have something to do with. i don't have a problem with rin, but be sure you don't end up crying in my arms, because i don't want to see that happen."

[...]

the air is thick and the atmosphere tense as hardly ever before. but the situation is also new, you don't know yourself exactly how it came to this.

never before had you dared to speak out against your parents and contradict them.

you've always danced to their tune and done what they asked you to do, no matter how wrong you thought it was.

for them, only one thing counts — get an A in every subject, study hard, got some talents, have no friends — all the things that make you a good girl.

it's hard, has often taken you to your limits.

you can be glad that they accepted seishiro, because he also comes from a rich household and always seems perfect in their eyes.

but tonight, something seems to have burned out in you. you've never had this kind of courage before, and you don't have a clue where it comes from.

you're aware that your rebellion will have consequences, but you don't care, like a lot of things lately.

"how dare you contradict us? we're your parents, you have no say as long as you live under my roof," your father yells at you, his face already red with anger, a vein on his neck clearly standing out. you've never seen him so angry, never had he yelled at you.

"y/n, your father is right. you don't seem to understand that we only want what's best for you. what's going to happen to you later when you're with all these inferior people?," now your mother speaks as well, her words make your blood boil, reminding you of the words that made you say no. "we want to send you to an all-girls boarding school. there you won't be distracted and you can do all your duties, with highly regarded courses. it's only for an half year, not even one, y/n. think about it, you won't be rejected anywhere because of this certificate when you start studying medicine."

at that moment, you realized that you should have said something a long time ago.

you don't want to go to a boarding school that is on the edge of the country in the mountains and is strictly run since it's also a kind of monastery.

it may be highly respected and allow you a lot for the future, but you don't even want to study medicine, which your parents just don't want to understand.

and you're tired of it.

you don't want to leave home and especially seishiro behind. you like going to your school and it's nothing like your parents make it out to be.

but of course a normal school doesn't meet your standards, they think.

"you know what? i don't give a shit about my duties or anything else. you don't know anything, don't care about me or what i want and that makes you bad parents, even if you only want the best for me," your voice takes on a teasing tone at the end.

they only want the best for you?

no, they just want to continue to exist in their high circle, to be able to show you off.

without another word, you run out of the kitchen and to the front door.

you just reach for your shoes before you sprint out of the front door, too, before your parents can take in your words and act.

hectically, you fumble your phone out of your pocket before dialing a very specific number.

the number of him.

"rin, can you please pick me up?"