𖥻 07

confused, you look at rin, remove your hand from the door handle since you were just about to get out.

the doors click, signaling to you that he has locked them and you have no way out.

you can't think straight, but after a few seconds you put 1 and 1 together, see the colorfully dressed girl with the black and white checkered flag running in front of you into the middle of the cars.

your eyes widen and as if controlled, you buckle yourself in, of course it hurts - your fingernails dig into your thighs so much that it hurts.

it wouldn't be a surprise if in a few hours you could still make out marks on your skin.

"rin. i'm scared. i'm fucking scared," you breathe, your voice stuttering and barely audible over the resounding engines that roar again and again.

but he hears you, he always hears you.

"i'll take care of us, angel, don't worry," he looks at you briefly with a sideways glance, but is focused on what's in front of him.

you still haven't fully realized that you're going to ride this race with rin at any moment. a pleasant feeling spreads through you as he reaches for your hand, now only holding the steering wheel with his left hand.

his touch gives you a feeling of safety and security — rin is taking care of you, everything will be fine.

your tense and spasmodic posture relaxes somewhat and you watch as rin stares spellbound at the girl, who then raises the flag and moves it down a short time later.

your ears fill with the loud noise of the tuned engines, you also perceive a squeal, which is caused by the spinning of the rear tires.

and then you drive off in a rush and strangely enough it feels good.

"where is she again?" curses seishiro, who has been with barou a little longer. barou is no longer completely enthusiastic about your best friend. he has some outstanding debts that he could pay back with at least three betting winnings - barou advises him not to bet for rin anymore, thinking that he has his best days behind him.

but a miracle will happen, soon everyone will know you.

"your cute little girlfriend?" yoichi, with a cigarette in his mouth, approaches your best friend with a grin.

seishiro nods, continues to keep an eye out for you.

the black haired blows out the smoke in his direction, and he immediately wants to take a drag. seishiro only quit smoking for you back then, and he only started doing it as a kind of anti-stress agent.

"she's sitting in the car with rin. i warned the little one, but she's stubborn and went anyway," he laughs harshly, causing seishiro's chin to drop.

with a racing heart, he looks to the starting line where the two cars were a few seconds ago.

now, however, all you can see are the taillights. his hands clench into fists, not out of anger, but out of fear.

how did this situation come about?

he's confused, because why are you sitting in rin's car even though you don't know him?

"fuck," he mumbles, before grabbing the cigarette out of yoichi's fingers and taking a big drag himself.

right away, he calms down a bit, even though he's incredibly worried.

such a street race is not without its consequences.

a bad loser often plays with unfair means to get even - or drivers lose control of their cars, and it ends up lying on the roof.

there have often been accidents, but people still underestimate the danger.

you, on the other hand, feel free.

the high speed makes your stomach tingle, a feeling that pumps adrenaline through your veins.

rin's hand is still holding yours, soft and warm.

the streetlights pass you at regular intervals and you get closer and closer to the finish line.

your opponent?

he is far behind you, has not the slightest chance of catching up with you and winning.

the victory is yours.

"oh my god, we won!" you shout excitedly as you drive through the finish line.

you saw exactly the red flashing of the camera that immediately sends the recordings to barou.

that's why everyone knows immediately who has won when the riders come back.

rin makes a turn and drives back the same way, only this time at a rather slow pace.

"so it's us, huh?" he grins, strokes the surface of your hand with his thumb. the touch is so small, almost insignificant, but it makes your little heart beat faster.

suddenly it occurs to you why you got into his car in the first place. gently, you pull your hand out of his and fold it in your lap.

nevertheless, rin's hand lingers on your thigh.

"why didn't you contact me?" you ask meekly, not wanting to seem pushy or desperate.

you don't want it to come across as if you're dependent on him after just one meeting. he should still be able to decide for himself who he writes to and who he's in contact with, but you just want to know the reason.

"i would have loved to contact you, but yoichi the asshole spilled cola all over my phone."

your heart, which felt heavy, now seems to be freed, you're relieved and happy about this credible answer and somehow you can also see his honesty in his beautiful eyes. you smile at each other, but are interrupted by the cheering people, haven't noticed that you're already back at the beginning.

seishiro looks at the passenger door, waiting. he can't wait to teach you a lesson and get an answer to his questions.

what he doesn't count on, however, is your smiling face getting out of the car and immediately going to rin.

he puts an arm around your middle and pulls you close to him. confused, your best friend examines what's happening, scanning you to see if you really want this.

"i think i found my lucky charm," rin calls out to the crowd, grinning arrogantly. everyone laughs or whistles, actually thinking you're a couple.

the only one who doesn't like it is your best friend.

your eyes meet his and you immediately realize you've fucked up.