𖥻 18

one more day.

one more day and then you'll finally be free.

you can finally see rin again.

every now and then you could secretly call him, but often the strict chaperones were at the boarding school listening in. your parents strictly forbade you from having any contact with him, hoping that one of you would end the relationship.

but even though it was hard, you still love each other like the first day.

the days went by slowly, but after you found friends and really focused on your graduation, it went much faster.

now you have your graduation as good as in the bag and even successfully.

"and will your lover pick you up tomorrow?" your roommate hayami wiggles her eyebrows teasingly.

smiling, you throw a pillow at her and then lie down on your bed.

rin promised to pick you up, but there's still this nervousness.

what if he doesn't love you anymore?

what if he can't handle the situation?

or what if he's already found someone else?

"earth to y/n! are you okay?" hayami comes up to you, snapping worriedly in front of your face.

sighing, you look at her and shrug your shoulders. "it's been so long since we've seen each other. he promised me he'd come, but what if he doesn't?" doubt overcomes you, masking the excitement you've felt all these months thinking about that day.

"from what you've told me, he really loves you a lot. he'll be waiting for you tomorrow, y/n, don't worry," she reassures you, stroking your arm lovingly. "but right now, you should get changed for graduation."

the next day arrives sooner than you thought.

your suitcases are packed and you're more than ready to leave this boarding school. you will miss hayami, as well as other friends, but you just want to get away.

home, to seishiro and especially to rin.

packing your suitcases, you head outside the boarding school to the parking lot. there is no car on it, only a bus driving away, taking some students home for the weekend.

"where is it?" you whisper, waving your hand in the air — it's the middle of july and incredibly hot.

a loud roar of an engine makes you cringe but a huge grin quickly spreads across your face.

this noise is to you the calming sound that the wind, the pattering of the rain or the sea is to other people.

the next moment you can see the familiar car that you've been in a few times. your heart beats fast in your chest and makes you forget all the doubts you had at the push of a button.

rin has come, would always be by your side.

with a loud screech of the tires, he comes to a stop right in front of you.

the door opens and you finally see him again.

grinning, he walks up to you before grabbing you by the hips, sitting you on the warm hood of his car. "finally i have my girl back," he whispers against your lips before he joins them with his in a kiss dripping with passion and love.

you kiss for seconds, maybe even minutes, until you separate, breathing heavily.

rin puts his forehead on yours, gently stroking your cheek. "fuck, i missed you so much"