𖥻 11

meeting rin's father is something you could never have dreamed of.

it's something so personal, and you're not even his official girlfriend.

you feel like you're both starting off completely wrong, rushing things, and in a way, that scares you a little.

"and you're sure you want to go home? you can really stay with me for a few more days. i don't mind forever," rin mumbles against your lips, as he repeatedly engages them in a passionate and sweet kiss, barely giving you time to catch your breath, let alone respond.

but you don't mind — the moment could go on like this for several more minutes in your eyes.

the lanterns jump on, make you move away from him. it's already late and your parents are probably worried after you stormed out of the house yesterday and didn't report to them. you would like to take rin up on his offer, but somewhere you love your parents and according to the words he confided in you, you should appreciate them, even if you simply can't agree with them on most things.

"i'll be going now," you smile softly, your heart already begins to yearn for rin, even though you haven't even left him yet.

yes, you're definitely head over heels in love with this boy and you don't regret a single second.

rin seems to have been sent to you by the angels.

but before you can get out, you're stopped by the street racer, who holds you gently by the wrist. questioningly you turn to him, only to see a side of him that you thought didn't exist.

he seems nervous and excited — almost scared. his lower lip is slightly red, because he had bitten it between his teeth and onto it.

"i wanted to tell you something that i've wanted to do all along," he begins, before stopping and taking a deep breath in and out. the words he's about to say seem incredibly difficult for him. "i fell in love with you, y/n. when i told my dad today that you were my girlfriend, i was actually hoping that you really were. so, do you want to be my girlfriend?" his words seem to be clattering down.

rin is slightly out of breath, barely breathing as he speaks because he just wanted to get it over with — because he was really brave for a little moment and doesn't always just pretend.

you, on the other hand, can't help but grin. it quickly changes into an overjoyed laugh, until you're already leaning towards him and pressing your lips firmly onto his.

your hands are resting on his soft cheeks and his on your hip. once again, it's quite uncomfortable, but you don't mind, are just happy right now.

"i fell in love with you too. i think even the day we first met, even though your fist ended up in my face," you giggle at the end.

"i love you, y/n" he smiles and sits down properly, his one hand already on the steering wheel again, ready to drive.

you get out of the car, which is now very familiar to you, and close the door after throwing him another air kiss while returning the three words — they fall over your lips as if you've never done anything else even though it's your very first time having something like this with someone.

"y/n?"

your heart starts pumping faster as you hear brisk footsteps clattering across the shiny marble floor. you can't react before two petite arms have already wrapped around you and pulled you against a warm body.

the scent of your mother's shampoo enters your nose. hesitantly, you return her almost suffocating embrace, which she then releases after a short time.

only now do you also notice your father, who is standing a little further behind your mother. "where have you been? we were worried," once again, he's showing no emotion whatsoever — stern and cold, as always, this is nothing new.

but this time you can see that he was worried about you, too, because he approaches you, putting a hand on your shoulder.

nevertheless, you feel uneasy.

they both expect an honest answer from you, which you will give them, they have probably seen rin's car anyway.

"i was with a friend. my boyfriend, actually" you mumble, lowering your gaze. you squint your eyes as your mother makes a shocked sound and then there is an oppressive silence.

you're aware that rin isn't nearly good enough in your parents' eyes, but you don't care. one thing they've never been able to control is your feelings and your feelings for rin are stronger than anything else before, you won't let them take that away so easily.

"it was clear to me that this moment would come. that must have been why you were so shocked at the thought of sending you to boarding school," your father sighs, massaging his sleep. he wasn't prepared for such an answer. "we decided not to send you there, but only if your grades stay the same and you study harder from now on."

positive news, right? you think for a moment that maybe everything will be okay but there's always a hitch somewhere and it won't be so easy to overcome.

"but we want to get to know your boyfriend, sweetheart. next saturday, he should come to our house. i'll cook and then we'll have a great meal together. what do you think?"