𖥻 LAST CHAPTER.

days have passed, during which tsukiko and you have tried to find out where rin and yoichi are.

no one knows anything, which only makes everything seem more hopeless. however, there is one good thing about this situation.

tsukiko and you have gotten to know each other better and have become like sisters. together you get through the uncertainty and the pain of maybe never seeing an important person again.

you strengthen each other, vow never to give up. days and nights you drive through the city, to places where yoichi or rin have often been and asking every person.

"his phone is off anyway," tsukiko is settling down on the sofa, closing her eyes in exhaustion.

the few hours of sleep she had weren't enough in the slightest, and you can clearly see that from the dark circles under her eyes.

you certainly won't look any better, don't even want to look in the mirror and face your miserable face. sighing, you put your phone aside after trying to call rin for the thousandth time.

his phone is off, you keep getting sent to his mailbox again and again. maybe you just try again and again to hear his voice telling the callers that he is not there and that they should get in touch some other time.

friendly as always.

thoughtfully you lie back in the leather chair.

actually, you're already sure that rin has left tokyo, if not japan and you still can't understand.

what made him leave you behind without making sure you were okay?

he loves you and you love him, you wanted to spend your lives together.

"maybe he can't live with the thought of having hurt you" you still remember tsukiko's words.

for a moment you believed this, felt it was the only plausible explanation. but then you came to your senses — rin might hate himself for it, he might distance himself from you, but he would never run away and he would especially not leave tsukiko and sae behind like that.

"i'm going to take a nap. you should do the same," yawning she hoists herself off the sofa before trotting into her bedroom.

you moved into rin's room a few days ago.

at first, you could still smell his scent on the soft pillows and sleep better that way, but it disappeared after a while and now you only recognize your own scent on them and the wet spots that come from your tears.

lately, you cry yourself to sleep every time.

"good night" you continue to sit, don't feel like sleeping yet.

something is keeping you awake, but you can't put your finger on it. closing your eyes, images of rin immediately pop into your head.

beautiful memories;

the first time you met, the first time you kissed, or the first race you went on with him.

all these memories of him are keeping you alive.

if you lost them, would you die?

suddenly you hear tsukiko's familiar ringtone and immediately startle. your heart is beating fast in your chest, adrenaline is pumping through your veins.

the tiredness you felt just a few seconds ago is gone.

the next moment tsukiko is already stumbling out of her room. her face is just as startled as yours, only you can see tears glistening in her eyes.

lucky charm, itoshi rin ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara