𖥻 02

"were you with them?" seishiro asks you, his expression suddenly changing from concerned to deadly serious.

confused, but more irritated, you furrow your eyebrows and shake off his hands, which still rest on your upper arms with pressure.

"the better question is, where the hell have you been?" you hiss, feeling the rage take over your body.

seishiro had promised you he wouldn't leave your side, but he couldn't even keep that promise for two minutes before he broke it. and now he seems to be angry that you were with those two guys, although it was rather involuntary.

sighing he runs a hand through his white hair, knows it's his fault. he also knows that if he tells you what he did, he'll lose his head.

maybe it wasn't such a good idea to take you here after all.

actually, it wasn't.

"i was with a guy named barou for a minute. he hosts these races and is also the one who takes the bets," he doesn't have to say everything, since you directly understand what he means by that.

seishiro doesn't just watch these races, he even bets on them. that's why he's had no money for the last few weeks, or a lot of it at once.

"you've got to be kidding me," you mumble and shake your head, think you've gotten into the wrong movie.

but this isn't some action movie like fast & furious, it's real life and you've almost planned this life out.

nowhere do you see illegal car races or joint-smoking boys.

your best friend is about to say something, wants to apologize, but the loud honking of a car prevents him from doing so.

quickly pulling you aside, the car drives past you and inside sits none other than the guy with the pretty eyelashes.

his gaze is on you and is so intimate that you tremble. despite everything, you can't escape his gaze, he literally captivates you.

"i bet on him. on rin. like always," seishiro says and looks after the car, which lines up with the painted line.

that's probably where the race will start, you think.

suddenly you want to stay and watch, don't really know why.

secretly, of course, it's because of rin, but you can't and won't admit that to yourself.

"yo, are you all ready?" a female voice suddenly screams through a pink megaphone, making all the people gathered cheer. your gaze lands on the girl, who has brown hair and a bright pink lipstick on. her leather skirt is short and shimmers in the light of the other cars, and she's wearing neon green high heels and a tight leopard shirt.

"tsukiko." someone laughs softly next to you and you immediately recognize the guy who smoked a blunt earlier and pulled you along with him.

he smokes something again, but this time it's just a normal cigarette, although you still grimace when he blows the smoke in your direction again. if you remember correctly, his name was yoichi.

"so? who are you for?" he then asks, turning his head in your direction. he nods at seishiro, who is standing next to you with one arm wrapped around your middle, and they shake hands.

apparently he already knows yoichi, which explains his reaction just now. "anyway, i'm against smoking," you smile falsely, grab his cigarette and stub it out on the floor.

yoichi grins cheekily to himself as you put the cigarette butt in his jacket pocket and then give him a quick pat on the shoulder.

you yourself have no idea where you got the courage to do this.