𖥻 16

i'm sorry if i made any grammar mistakes in this chapter, i wrote this half asleep but i really wanted to update it fast for you. enjoy tho :)

<3

"the cops" you only hear the shrill roar of tsukiko, who has panic written all over her face.

rin looks tensely into the rearview mirror, already sees the blue light coming closer and closer, so that they can definitely already see the car. he's prepared for such situations, turns off the light from the license plate so that they don't recognize it directly. "get in, damn it!" he shouts to tsukiko, who immediately gets in. she doesn't even manage to close the door before he's already speeding off.

all the other cars are almost gone, but the police are after you. after all, you wanted to drive the race, they can't prove anything against anyone else.

unlike you, rin seems like calm. his hand is relaxed on the steering wheel, the other keeps shifting into a higher gear. he keeps looking in the rearview mirror and watching the police, who can't keep up with you.

you never thought you'd witness a car chase and then be the one being chased.

"huh, what's that now?" rin asks as the engine starts to stall and you lose more and more speed.

the police are catching up, getting closer and closer. the atmosphere is getting more and more tense.

rin is also getting nervous, tries in vain to get the engine running, but it doesn't work.

no one says it out loud, but everyone knows that someone must have sabotaged the car and that someone has lured the cops here.

"fuck!" he bangs his fists on the steering wheel as you finally come to a stop.

there's no way out now anyway. none of you try to escape, because it would go wrong anyway and get you into even more trouble than you're already in.

trembling you sit in your seat, wait for the cops to get you out of the car, already knowing that your parents are going to be fucking furious.

"well, where were we going?" one of the policemen comes to rin's side, leaning through the open window.

the other policeman comes to your side and slowly opens the door. with a hand gesture he tells you to get out, which you do without talking back.

tsukiko is already standing outside, only rin causes problems by aggressively shaking off the policeman's hands. you can hardly tell from his face, because it looks monotonous and indifferent but by this movement you can see that he's boiling inside.

most of all you would like to calm him down, but don't know how, don't dare to speak.

for tsukiko and rin it doesn't seem to be new, as they put their hands up in the air and let themselves be felt.

it's damn unpleasant to feel the policeman's hands on your body.

"don't touch her!" he aggressively pushes the policeman away from you.

it's as if the situation is going from bad to worse and everything is getting worse.

although you're grateful to rin, he should just follow the instructions and be quiet because that would be the best thing to do now, you're pretty sure of it.

in the next moment, he is handcuffed.

fortunately, he doesn't resist this time.

you still haven't quite realized what has just happened, seems like as if it's a bad dream.

"you're going to come with us now. it's going to cost you. especially you, my dear." the policeman nods to your boyfriend, who simply lowers his head to the ground, letting himself be led along.

your legs feel like jello, you're afraid you're about to fall before tsukiko puts an arm around your shoulder, giving you a reassuring smile.

how can she be so calm?

although you didn't expect anything else from her.

[...]

"the cops never come there," she mumbles as you sit together in a small cell in the police station.

you've all been questioned, but kept quiet and didn't say any more names. your parents and rin's father have been informed and are supposed to come pick you up.

rin's car is gone for now, and he won't be getting it back anytime soon. "they probably even know about it, but they're not interested. it's out of the way, nobody cares," leaning his head back against the stony wall, he's deep in thought and seems to be thinking.

you haven't said a word yet, are just thinking about your parents. they won't be happy about this situation, will think that your boyfriend is to blame for everything.

"do you think it was him? even with the engine." tsukiko whispers, looking expectantly at her cousin.

closing his eyes, he takes his time answering. after a few seconds, however, he nods, clenches his hands into fists.

carefully you place your hand on one of his fists and almost immediately he relaxes.

rin lovingly looks at you out of his teal eyes, pressing a kiss to your forehead. "i'm so sorry you're sitting here now just because of me" he guiltily takes your hand in his, is afraid that he's going to lose you because of this.

but the kiss that you press on his cheek shows him that you're not angry or that you don't blame him.

and that's all that matters to him.

"rin-," you start, but are interrupted by loud voices that come closer and closer. they seem familiar and soon you see the faces of your two parents. as expected, they look at the three of you with rage and above all, they give rin a look that couldn't be more deadly.

if looks could kill, he would have been buried under the earth long ago.

"you! this is all your fault!," as always, your father is serious, stern, but doesn't raise his voice, no matter how angry he is. he points at rin as he speaks, then looks at you and shakes his head in horror. "we wanted to give you a chance. but this just shows us that we were right. he's not a good person to be around. and to really keep you away from him, we've already gotten you a place at the boarding school."