The gorgon brother AU(2012)

Where I got the idea: watching Greek god TikToks because yes

In this AU Mikey went missing and was raped around five years of age.

He, instead of going to his family after he got away from his rapist, went to a temple where he snuck in and worshipped Athena, seeking for comfort.

Mikey prayed to Athena for rape to never happen upon him again, and Athena answered his prayer by turning him into a gorgon. Mikey gained snakes for hair on his head and his circular pupils became black snake-like slits.

Aro-Ace Mikey so no ship btw

He gained the title of Medusa in Olympus and on earth when humans found out about him.

People built a small temple for hurt, raped people to seek peace and comfort.

Whenever anyone in general looks him in the eyes they turn to stone and become statues.

Donnie in this AU is almost completely blind so his family(Minus Mikey bc he's 'missing') got him glasses. When he once went up top alone he was almost raped, but Mikey so happened to be taking a stroll and saved him. He didn't have his glasses so he couldn't see Mikey, only a green blur in his vision.

Mikey was shocked his blessing/curse had no effect on Donnie but didn't mind it.

Donnie started going topside alone more often to visit Mikey, he just took off his glasses so that he wouldn't be turned to stone.

Mikey also isn't really a fan of statues which was a bit ironic considering he turns people into statues.

When Leo and Raph finally meet Mikey the gorgon would wear really dark sunglasses so they didn't look him in the eyes. It really shocked Raph and Leo that he had snakes for hair(and hair in general) but got over it after a bit.

When he met Splinter the rat was relieved and happy to see his son alive and well, despite him being a gorgon that turned people to stone.

Mikey started to live with his family but returned to his temple everyday to comfort and listen to his followers, priestesses, and priests.

If you haven't picked up on it yet if he's wearing excessively dark sunglasses he can't turn people to stone.