Robo turtle(2007)

In this AU Raph wasn't a mutant turtle like the others. Instead he's a robot turtle. The other turtles met him after they fought the Shredder in their world.

During the fight against Shredder it rendered Leo deaf for a few months and damaged his hearing after it healed.

So now Leo can hear, but it is sometimes difficult for him to listen to a full on paragraph or rant. For example, when Donnie goes on a rant it'll be hard for him to keep up because his hearing will cut out some words.

Leo is also an insomniac and Raph plain doesn't need to sleep since he's a robot; so the two gossip at night sometimes.

Raph's skin has a grey tint to it because of the fact he's made of metal. His eyes are also emerald green, but his scleras(the white part of the eyes) are black.

When they(Donnie and Mikey, Leo already left for central America) met Raph they told him about how Leo has a hard time hearing sometimes so Raph taught them ASL.

After Leo came back he immediately asked questions about the literal robot in the lair. He eventually calmed down thanks to Splinter explaining to him.

Raph asked Leo if he knew ASL and Leo said no. Raph then taught Leo ASL.

After Leo learned ASL he started to prefer using ASL to speak instead of actually speaking. This confused April, Splinter, and Casey since they don't know ASL. This caused Raph to teach them ASL as well.

During the time of the movie Leo and Raph didn't actually get into a fight and instead Leo was going on a walk. The enemy got a jump on his because of his bad hearing and Leo was captured.

Raph despite being a robot he had feelings and he helped get Leo back out of pure spite for the enemy.

Also turns out it was the immortal dude who made Raph, didn't make Raph hate him any less tho.