Chapter 14

A/N - kinda longer chapter to make up for the YEARS I made you all wait😩

Reading the previous chapter may be beneficial I know I had to LMAO❤️

~~~

"Scott's old! Scott's old! Scott's old!", it was eight in the fucking morning and this was what I was listening to- fucking hell.

"We get it", said brother rolled his eyes, sticking his fork into his pancake stack, "pancakes on a Thursday? Must be a special day".

"And no school? I wish our birthdays were every day", Caleb grinned, licking the syrup from his fork.

"Then we'd be ancient", Chase frowned, "you'd look all wrinkly".

"Ew", Xavier scrunched up his face, "do you feel older Scotty?".

"Nope", he shook his head, "I feel the same as I did yesterday".

"I can't wait till I'm 15", Caleb muttered, "I'll be doing whatever I want".

"Yeah right", I laughed, throwing a strawberry at him, "you'll always be 12 in my eyes".

"No thanks", he said in disgust, "when can we give you our presents Scott?". My now 15 year old brother made eye contact with me and smiled, knowing he was happy made me happy too; even if he just wanted a chilled day inside today.

"Whenever you want", he told them, resulting in the four of them rushing out of the room and upstairs, "you took them shopping for my presents right?". And what a trip that had been.

"I don't know what they bought", I surrendered, "just gave them money and let them run wild". While being in their eye line, of course. I couldn't risk something happening to them, and although the mall was a public place where there were a lot of people- it was a public place where there were a lot of people.

Anyone could be watching.

"Do you think she's thinking about me today?", she. It didn't take a genius to figure out who he was talking about. I took a few steps towards him and placed my hands on his shoulders, forcing him to look up at me.

"I do", I nodded once, my jaw clenching, "and I hope the guilt that she hasn't been here to watch you grow into the young man you are today is eating her alive".

"It wasn't entirely her fault though", he raked a hand through his blonde hair, "she had to do it for Izzy".

"And she could've taken us with her, no?", he had nothing to say to that, "there's always a choice Prescott, remember that. But I-,".

"We're ready!", our four younger brothers came charging into the room, poorly wrapped presents in hand; I removed my hands from Prescott's shoulders and gave him a look that said 'later', he nodded and plastered a smile on his face for our brothers' sake.

He and I were more alike than we cared to admit.

~

"We couldn't really wrap it properly", we'd all gathered around in the living room and were watching Prescott open his presents, as always the twins had insisted on going first, "you can kinda see what it is".

"I don't care about the wrapping", he smiled, ripping it off and lifting the thick book up in front of him, his smile widening.

"It's a cookbook just for cakes", Alexander explained, "because you make cakes a lot".

"Very fitting", he chuckled, "thank you, both of you".

"Can we make one later?", Xavier pleaded, all eyes landing on me.