Chapter 19

A/N - please everyone tell me how much you love me and my writing rn because I can smell the hate for next chapter IM SO SCARED

TW - some upsetting scenes this chapter

Potential typos‼️‼️

~~~

"It's my favourite brother's birthday!", Caleb jumped on Chase's back the second he stepped into the kitchen, effectively crushing the now twelve year old's spine, "do you feel old? You're nearly a teenager like me".

"I don't feel old", Chase chuckled, adjusting his glasses when Caleb let go, "I feel the same as I did yesterday".

"You'll feel older soon, and maybe you'll get taller", he was the same height as the twins, always had been on the shorter side, and I wouldn't be surprised if both Xavier and Alexander overtook him in the future.

"Happy birthday Chase!", Xavier rushed over to our brother and engulfed him in a hug after disposing of his cereal bowl, "you're lucky you get to miss school today". Given the events that had happened yesterday, I would've taken Chase out of school regardless, but the fact that it was his birthday was a bonus.

"You sure you don't want me to come?", Caleb asked Chase, trying to get out of school too.

"Did you have anyone accompanying you on your birthday?", I raised an eyebrow and he huffed, "shoes, all of you- where's Prescott?".

"Here", said brother appeared, hood up and eyes red, "happy birthday Chasey". He placed his hands on Chase's shoulders and kissed his hair quickly before opening the fridge, grabbing an energy drink.

"No sleep?", I asked him and he shook his head, "stay home and sleep".

"I can't just 'stay home and sleep'", he declined, gulping back some of the drink, "I can't sleep when it's light out, and I have classes". He wasn't gonna change his mind so I nodded, letting him do whatever as I turned my attention to Chase.

"How are you feeling, hm?", I ruffled his hair and he looked up at me, fixing his glasses with the back of his hand.

"Better", he nodded and I smiled, "what are we doing today?". 

"Wait and see", I shrugged and he rolled his eyes, "come on, everyone out to the car".

~

"Here he is, the birthday boy", Cairo grinned from behind the counter, "what can I get you both?".

"Anything you want", I told Chase after smiling at Cairo, god I just wanted to kiss him.

"Anything?", he asked, blue eyes wide as he looked at me uncertainly, "uh, can I have a hot chocolate please?".

"Whipped cream?", Cairo asked him with a grin, Chase nodded, "marshmallows".

"No thank you", he shook his head, fiddling with his fingers, "uh, could I have one of those brownies please?". Cairo nodded, and I watched my brother's side profile as he ordered, he was shaking. I held up two fingers to Cairo to double the brownies before letting Chase finish, he added a cinnamon roll to the list and told me that was all.

"And I'll have a-,", I tried to order but was beaten to it.

"Black coffee, I know", Cairo grinned, "that'll be ready in a minute yeah? Wait down there". When we were away from the counter I narrowed my eyes at my brother, placing a hand on his shoulder and squeezing.

"You okay?", I asked and he nodded, "talk to me".

"Ordering was scary", he shrugged, "I know it's Cairo, but it was still scary".