Chapter 50

A/N - nobody speak 🧍🏾‍♀️

I wanna see everyone commenting on the last chapter cure the hole in my heart 💔

~~~

"I feel like I'm in an episode of Hell's Kitchen", I couldn't help the laugh that came from me as I watched all five of my brothers navigating around the kitchen together while I watched from my seat at the kitchen island.

"And instead of Gordon Ramsay it's fucking Xan", Xavier snorted, "these potatoes smell".

"You fucking smell", his twin scoffed, "this is like overstimulation at its peak".

"Tell me about it", Xavier scrunched up his face, grabbing the potato masher and inspecting it, "and I just mash them with this?".

"No, you shove it up your fucking ass", Caleb deadpanned, slapping him on the head, "are you stupid?".

"What kinda question is that?", Alexander scoffed, "have you met him?".

"Have you met him?", Xavier mocked him, Chase just made eye contact with me and rolled his eyes, I just chuckled at his exhausted expression. He'd had his hearing aids out for the majority of the time he'd been home now, and it had me wondering if he ever took them out when he wasn't alone at college- if he was embarrassed, or something like that.

"How's the chicken look?", Prescott asked, peering over Alexander's shoulder and being swatted away like a bug.

"Too fucking close", he scowled, "it's nearly done".

"No offence Zane, but I don't think we'll all be cooking for you again", Xavier smiled sheepishly, "birthday tomorrow or not".

"I gathered", I mused, sipping my champagne and watching Caleb fill it up in an instant, "where am I? A five star restaurant?".

"Oh please, we're better than that", my youngest brother scoffed, "you're all just fucking everywhere, can you all piss off a sec?". I'd been waiting for the moment where he snapped, and was surprised it had taken this long to be honest.

"Why don't you step outside for a minute?", Caleb suggested, "the food's not going anywhere".

"And leave you all supervising it?", he stared at our brother like he'd grown two heads, "I'll pass".

"Then stop whining", he said, continuing to chop some carrots, "Xav, open your mouth". The seventeen year old did as he was told without a second thought, laughter filling the room when Caleb threw a piece of carrot and Xavier caught it; it was a privilege to see everyone so happy like this.

"Fucking immaturity", Alexander grumbled, "mash the fucking potatoes".

"I'll throw the fucking potatoes at you in a minute", Xavier scoffed, "it's like living with the grinch".

"We should paint him green in his sleep", Caleb wiggled his eyebrows, Xavier's face lighting up.

"Caleb", I warned him to which he surrendered, "don't provoke him while he's agitated".

"I'm not agitated, I'm fucking pissed off", he snapped, poking Chase's shoulder and speaking while moving his hands slowly, "the mac and cheese".

It was almost comical watching him finger spell the words, and I could see the amusement in Chase's eyes as he watched too; while the rest of us were what could be deemed very experienced with sign language, the twins had always struggled to pick it up, not to say that they didn't try.

"It's in the oven", Chase signed back and my lips twitched upwards upon seeing Alexander's confused expression, Chase just rolled his eyes and jabbed a finger towards the oven.