Chapter 39

A/N - hehe😛

TW - upsetting scene this chapter ❤️ (towards the end)

~~~

"Anything we want?", Xavier's eyes were as wide as saucers while he looked up at me, then around the mall, "is this a trick?". I chuckled, briefly glancing at Marco who was talking to Elijah and Ezekiel about a metre away, then back at my own twin brothers with a smile.

"No trick", I denied, "I haven't done something with just the two of you in a while, so here we are".

"Can I get a new hockey stick?", he grinned, looking at his twin, "and the hot dogs upstairs are so good".

"Like I said, anything you want", I squeezed his shoulder and looked at Alexander, "you too". He looked around briefly before his gaze settled on Xavier, his expression softening instantly.

"Do you need your headphones?", he asked him, if anyone was going to keep a closer eye than me on Xavier in an overcrowded place, it was his twin.

"I'm okay", he declined, ruffling Alexander's hair just as the other set of twins came over, "thank you". He just blushed, shoving Xavier's hand away and moving so he was standing beside me; I still couldn't get over the fact that they were approaching my shoulder, nor that they'd be fifteen next month.

"I need new video games", Elijah claimed, Marco just rolled his eyes as if being here was taking years off of his lifespan- it probably was, "I say we rinse all of their money".

"Fuck yeah", Xavier grinned, I'd given up on telling them to stop swearing at this point, "are you giving us your card Zane?".

Little shit.

"You couldn't spend all of our money even if you tried", Marco mused, taking his card out of his wallet and handing it to Ezekiel, "you'll probably steal most of your shit anyway".

"You know me so well", Elijah beamed, rushing off without waiting for anybody, his twin just rolled his eyes and remained at Marco's side- with the money.

"Eli steals?", Alexander asked, a light scoff coming from our eldest cousin.

"Like a moth to a flame", he muttered, "where are we going first?".

"He doesn't get into trouble?", Xavier asked and I smirked, at least they were aware of what was right and wrong.

"And where's the fun in that?", and then you had Marco's method of parenting..who knows what the twins would be like when they were eighteen, "are we moving or what?".

So impatient.

~

My arms were about to drop off, it was official.

I thought the twins would get bored of spending my money pretty quickly, Xavier especially- but nope, they hadn't stopped dragging me around for the past hour. Clothes, food, games, more clothes, hockey gear, cooking appliances- give me strength.

"I can't wait to make a cake with this", but it was at the expense of their happiness, and I could never deny them that.

"I can't wait to get on the ice with this", Xavier grinned, equally as happy as Alexander, "are we nearly done? It's loud as fuck in here".

"Your headphones are in..,", I trailed off, looking at the bags in our arms, "one of these bags". Alexander snorted, beginning to search his bags but to no avail, I didn't know where Marco had gotten to but he was taking his sweet time.

"You want my car keys? You can go wait in there?", I offered and he thought for a second, nodding eventually; at least the keys were only in my pocket. The two of them walked off side by side, just as my cousins began to approach me from behind; Marco's hands equally as full as mine were.